NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Ok, After some tweaking I got my cpu running at 250HttX10multi, had to run the memory @ 166 so it would be at 200mhz. But I have 4X512 of Micron chips so BF2 runs super smooth now! I'm running loose ram timings, and async with the HTT but it's overclocking very well. There is alot of promise in this board. Unfortunately NCIX is out of the Vantec Iceburq copper, so I have to wait to replace the chipset fan. Will replacing this fan Void my warranty???? Do Canadians get the same 3 year warranty as Americans or are we lumped in with europe and only get one year. I'm obviously gonna need to get some good pc4000 RAM, any suggestions?? Thanks again to Oldguy and the rest of the contributors to this thread. Bios 705 works best for me, no cold boot issues at all.

You can always just replace the fan. Rebelshaven did and I know someone else posted in here that they did it as well. I would be shocked if DFI didn't honor the warranty because we "HAD" to replace the fans on our own instead of RMA'ing so they could put another POS in it's place and wait 2-4 weeks for them to do it...

I noticed last night that the DFI website has a listing of overclocking memory that they recommend for this board....ALL tccd.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElAguila

Finally after a few days I made it to the end of this thread. My nf3 ultra and my x2 3800 and 2x1024 of 2-3-2-6 patriot ram will be here tomorrow. After reading through all of the posts I have decided that the bios on this board needs to mature a little more. I got mine from mwave so I have the 30 guarantee. I am going to try this board until the last day and see how it does for me. Hopefully everything will go great with it. A lot of good info.

I'm having problems with windows. If I shut my pc off for too long then windows freezes at boot up. It will look like it's loading with the blue bar going across then the screen flickers and it shows the same screen but the blue bar is stuck. I waited it out for a good hour and nothing. I'm using 602 and I've had everything at stock speeds and it's still happened.

Anyone?

Yes, so my board is borked, i did an overnight clear, and then tried changing the bios to my normal OC settings... HTT mult to 3, chipset volts to 1.75 etc. but i left the HTT at 200. It froze when i got into windows (hey no reboot) and then i hit reset and was greeted with BEEP BEEP BEEP and no booting. So after clearing the CMOS for the 22nd time, i left the bios at AUTO for everything, and rebooted as soon as i got into windows.

So, i have to run AUTO on everything, except switch it to 2T, to get into windows, and its imposible for me to overclock. Guess i need to RMA? With me moving away to college in 2 weeks and DFI's RMA process surely taking longer? I guess i'll have to run my 3Ghz rig @ stock...

What should i do... i don't have time to RMA this board. I'm about to buy a Gigabyte at this rate. Could a new bios even fix my problems? They're all bios related, but all 3 bioses have still given me teh same problems.

Well, nm, i realized you guys can't solve this problem. I'm being helped by njkid32 from XS... so thanks for your time anyway.

Yes, so my board is borked, i did an overnight clear, and then tried changing the bios to my normal OC settings... HTT mult to 3, chipset volts to 1.75 etc. but i left the HTT at 200. It froze when i got into windows (hey no reboot) and then i hit reset and was greeted with BEEP BEEP BEEP and no booting. So after clearing the CMOS for the 22nd time, i left the bios at AUTO for everything, and rebooted as soon as i got into windows.

So, i have to run AUTO on everything, except switch it to 2T, to get into windows, and its imposible for me to overclock. Guess i need to RMA? With me moving away to college in 2 weeks and DFI's RMA process surely taking longer? I guess i'll have to run my 3Ghz rig @ stock...

What should i do... i don't have time to RMA this board. I'm about to buy a Gigabyte at this rate. Could a new bios even fix my problems? They're all bios related, but all 3 bioses have still given me teh same problems.

Well, nm, i realized you guys can't solve this problem. I'm being helped by njkid32 from XS... so thanks for your time anyway.

what hard drive do you have? Is it IDE or SATA? Are you running Raid?.. What OS is it SP1 Or SP2.

Guest gallo81
Hi guys,

I will recive my LP UT NF3 Ultra-D at Monday, I just want to know which are the best settings for my system at the default speeds and which is the best BIOS. My system specs on my signature.

Thank you everyone.

Any help guys?

thanks

Guest gallo81

Thank you Blinker0, So If I want to put the settings as default speeds but in Manual are this the best ones?

CPU: 11 x 200 = 2200

Memory: 1:1, 200, DDR400 = 200 (DDR400) 2-2-2-5

Hypertransport: 5 x 200 = 1000

??? or which are the best ones?

Thanks