NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey OG I need your help. I've been having some trouble with my ram on this board.

I used your settings and was able to achieve my current OC, I have run prime for 24hrs. on it but afterwards I keep getting BSOD's or programs crashing on me.

Do you think if maybe I try using normal drive strength instead of weak that might have any effect on stability?

I'm also a little bit confused as to how it can be prime stable for 24hrs. but crash while I'm surfing the web.

Well mine started gettin a lil funky on me right after I posted in the OCDB...and I mean within an hour of posting :D The week leading up to that I had tried several different gfx drivers and GFX OC tools plus all the tweakin in general for close to two months up to that point I think took their toll on the OS (repeated bsods, 3D benchy lockups, cmos clears, etc, etc)...beta 815, a fresh format and OS install with omega 5.7 based drivers seem to have everything in order for now. Rigs been folding 24/7 for over a week basically at stock settings letting the AS5 cure...

Anyway...regarding the memory, that is something you can test by pushing the memory (drop yer multi and bump yer buss) until you get a few errors in memtest #5 or #8 then switch from weak to normal. You'll either get more or less errors and your answer as to what your memory needs/likes with regard to drive strength.

The other thing to consider is what I noted above. If you've been tinkering with different chipset drivers and gfx drivers you may have some garbage floating around causing your random crashes.

One other thing you might try is going up a notch in voltage on the cpu and fire up an app or two that is bsod'ing regularly on you to see if that solves the problem.

Hope that helps or pops a fresh idea into yer head...

I've been very conservative on driver installs and the like. Plus I have a dual boot install and basically only use one for tweak testing and the other for everyday use. That's a good idea for the memtesting, I'll give that a try and if all else fails I think a fresh install may be in order.

I also tried the extra voltage thing a little while ago, it did me no good. :(

Thanks for the good ideas! :D

I have a weird problem now. My sound doesen't work at all but.. it used to. It started to not work after I took my motherboard out of its case to put a new chipset fan on and also install a new hdd. I decided to leave my motherboard outside of the case ontop of a anti-static bag which was on top of a wooden desk, and it ran fine. After installing windows I began to install all my drivers. My ac'97 drivers installed fine but I was getting no sound. My cable to front audio was plugged in and everything.

What's weird is that overtime my realtek ac'97 driver began to not install from a fresh format. It would bring up the windows logo testing windows about 20 times before it installed (which didn't happen before. It only brought up the logo testing window once or twice before install I think). I've tried using another hdd and it didn't work on there and I've also used three different version of windows and none of them would install ac-97 drivers. I've cleared cmos also. I'm asking this in hope that I might of forgotten something from moving it outside the case, like certain cables not being plugged in?

I have a weird problem now. My sound doesen't work at all but.. it used to. It started to not work after I took my motherboard out of its case to put a new chipset fan on and also install a new hdd. I decided to leave my motherboard outside of the case ontop of a anti-static bag which was on top of a wooden desk, and it ran fine. After installing windows I began to install all my drivers. My ac'97 drivers installed fine but I was getting no sound. My cable to front audio was plugged in and everything.

What's weird is that overtime my realtek ac'97 driver began to not install from a fresh format. It would bring up the windows logo testing windows about 20 times before it installed (which didn't happen before. It only brought up the logo testing window once or twice before install I think). I've tried using another hdd and it didn't work on there and I've also used three different version of windows and none of them would install ac-97 drivers. I've cleared cmos also. I'm asking this in hope that I might of forgotten something from moving it outside the case, like certain cables not being plugged in?

Maybe the IO cluster not grounding on the case :confused: Never tinkered with the board out of the case just guessing :D

Hey OG I need your help. I've been having some trouble with my ram on this board.

I used your settings and was able to achieve my current OC, I have run prime for 24hrs. on it but afterwards I keep getting BSOD's or programs crashing on me.

Do you think if maybe I try using normal drive strength instead of weak that might have any effect on stability?

I'm also a little bit confused as to how it can be prime stable for 24hrs. but crash while I'm surfing the web.

My "real-world" stability craps out when my Patriots are pushed anywhere near their max, even if prime stable. Maybe I have a weak memory controller? I was forced to sacrifice some bandwidth to keep the system copacetic. You could try loosening your timings or rocking a divider?

Also, mine do not like the weak setting at any frequency, and much less so at high frequency.

Well I changed the setting to normal and all seems fine for now. I just got done with a session of Joint OPS and I didn't even have a hickup. I was getting steady crashes with this game after about 10min. of gaming. I'll know more once I get a chance to surf and run some benchies. I'm very optomistic though and thanks again OG.

You will need to buy a 92 or 120mm fan if you don't have an extra one but the performance you'll get is well worth an extra $6-$7. Just make sure you buy the one labeled for K8, A64 processors. If you buy the one for intel only it does not come with the mounting bracket. The XP-90c and XP-120 are hands down better than both the Zalmans period.

Ok thank I am probably getting ddr booster wihich i heard should be put in the 1slot will it fit if i buy a xp-90 or 120? And does the 120 fit on this board?