NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Is the northbridge fan noisy on this board?

If it is, is it possible to change the fan speed through BIOS or SmartGaurdian?

When it's not spinning out of balance or sounding like it's straining just to spin it's quiet. That only lasted a day or two (the quiet part) and has since been replaced with a vantec iceberq which doesn't have a fan sensor. Couldn't tell you if it's quiet cuz I've got four 120mm fans......... :D

I'd just plan on replacing it before you mount yer mobo in yer case...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to RMA this piece of junk back to MWave. Should I go for a refund or a replacement? I'm looking for some subjective opinions. I could never get it to work right with XP Pro, Home, or 2000. If I tried Windows on RAID, constant BSOD's at startup. If I tried it on one single drive, I would get a boot device error on the second boot.

I have messed with this last night and pretty much all day. The only way I could fix it was to put my Asus back in and it's working fine again.

Well for now it's at stock. But 476/1296 is the HIGHEST oc i got out of my EVGA 6800GT, no mods did flash bios to 1.4v i think Ummm i do get "some" artifacting in ati tool, but none in games or benchmarks. Haven't ran any on this system yet
Ahh yeah I never went to 1.4v myself....was hearing about too many peoples cards dying from it even when properly cooled so I said screw it and just clocked it as high as it'd go on it's current voltages since I'm poor and if it died that'd be horrible :P

I'm about to RMA this piece of junk back to MWave. Should I go for a refund or a replacement? I'm looking for some subjective opinions. I could never get it to work right with XP Pro, Home, or 2000. If I tried Windows on RAID, constant BSOD's at startup. If I tried it on one single drive, I would get a boot device error on the second boot.

I have messed with this last night and pretty much all day. The only way I could fix it was to put my Asus back in and it's working fine again.

Put yer component specs in yer signature so we know what might be giving you the problem...

If you've been following this thread there are plenty of people up and running. Some had a harder time than others but they are all up and running and testing so far as I know...

Once you know what "NOT" to do with this board you'll have it up in no time.

is it just me, or is this dfi board like most others... very touchy... and not for noobs... yet noobs keep buying em and screaming.. ITS BROKEN... RMA... this that and the other thing...

i mean, we were told to wait.... obviously thats something none of us want to do....

god.. soo many noobs crying about this board.... tell ya what.. i got 1, and my friend has 1. aside from CPC, they work flawlessly. i really enjoy this board, and i think with future bios updates.. it'll be better

maybe im dillusional tho, and there actually arnt madd noobs crying... rofl.

i mean, sry for thread crapping... but if u deleted all the stupid posts... i think we'd be at about 20 pages, not 95...

peace.

EDIT:::

i must've been asleep... on a side note.....to my fellow Canadians....

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

is it just me, or is this dfi board like most others... very touchy... and not for noobs... yet noobs keep buying em and screaming.. ITS BROKEN... RMA... this that and the other thing...

i mean, we were told to wait.... obviously thats something none of us want to do....

god.. soo many noobs crying about this board.... tell ya what.. i got 1, and my friend has 1. aside from CPC, they work flawlessly. i really enjoy this board, and i think with future bios updates.. it'll be better

i mean, sry for thread crapping... but if u deleted all the stupid posts... i think we'd be at about 20 pages, not 95...

peace.

Let the record show that I did not pay this guy to state this opinion, it just happens to be the exact same one I have. I think every page on this thread needs at leat 1 post that says "Don't Panic." This board is exactly what it should be, kryptonite for n00bs, crack cocaine for 1337 hax0rs.

peace.

While this is true, it won't stop noobs from buying this board. That's what we're here for, we help the less fortunate/knowledgable than us make their boards work. While this would be easier to do with a BIOS that did not require so much screwing about with to just get it to boot windows, we have to work with what we have until DFI supply us with another BIOS (which I can tell you isn't far away ;) )

There really should be another thread started just to outline the issues of this board and warn potential buyers about it's flaws. We could also list current fixes to those flaws :)

ok...wait does this mean that if i want to avoid problems i shouldent get this board?

im getting the following

3200+venice

1gb Geil value ram

havent decided on psu

6600GT AGP

and of cource LANPARTY UT NF3 ULTRA-D

so do you think that there are enough flaws with this board to stop me from buying it and getting a epox 9nda3+ instead?

anyway afaik the only differance is the UV reactive parts and posssibly more overclocking options

While this is true, it won't stop noobs from buying this board. That's what we're here for, we help the less fortunate/knowledgable than us make their boards work. While this would be easier to do with a BIOS that did not require so much screwing about with to just get it to boot windows, we have to work with what we have until DFI supply us with another BIOS (which I can tell you isn't far away ;) )

There really should be another thread started just to outline the issues of this board and warn potential buyers about it's flaws. We could also list current fixes to those flaws :)

Yup...I'd like to see a sticky with just some do's and don'ts....This thread is huge.

Especially........Forget about what yer memory did on brand "X"..........Let friggin go of what yer other rig was capable of and adapt to what this one requires for the moment. It'll spank that yer old setup soon enough!!!!!!!

ok...wait does this mean that if i want to avoid problems i shouldent get this board?

im getting the following

3200+venice

1gb Geil value ram

havent decided on psu

6600GT AGP

and of cource LANPARTY UT NF3 ULTRA-D

so do you think that there are enough flaws with this board to stop me from buying it and getting a epox 9nda3+ instead?

anyway afaik the only differance is the UV reactive parts and posssibly more overclocking options

If you intend to overclock stay away from any ram with the word "value" in it's product description and get a good power supply, not a $30 powmax cuz it looks cool...

If yer skills are limited you may not want to take a bite off of this board right now but if you have a little common sense and patience there are plenty on this forum that can get you through...

Yup...I'd like to see a sticky with just some do's and don'ts....This thread is huge.

Especially........Forget about what yer memory did on brand "X"..........Let friggin go of what yer other rig was capable of and adapt to what this one requires for the moment. It'll spank that yer old setup soon enough!!!!!!!

Some adventurous soul should keep tabs on the thread and update the main post so you dont have to sift through the posts, because it will get long too.

Or make a new thread for every bios that comes out.

If you intend to overclock stay away from any ram with the word "value" in it's product description and get a good power supply, not a $30 powmax cuz it looks cool...

If yer skills are limited you may not want to take a bite off of this board right now but if you have a little common sense and patience there are plenty on this forum that can get you through...

Well said.