Best TCCD available right now?

“Because we are seeing a tremendous increase in DDR frequency, the chip “binning” process has adjusted to the new memory speeds OCZ now offers. As we now have four Platinum series speed ratings, chips qualified for PC-4800 operation are not slated for use in PC-3200 modules, unless stock is sufficient in higher speed parts. Users noticing lower overclocks are seeing the direct result of rising memory speeds, not a difference in Samsung TCC5 chips.

So what this means in plain english is that the newer versions of OCZ PC-3200 EL Platinums have a greater chance of containing ICs that have failed to reach the higher speed grades.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This dang memory game is about as hard as tryin to pick some good stock off Wallstreet that will pay.

UTT/CH5 turns to UTT/BH5(which doesn't clock as well in my board)

TCCD turns to TCC5 which doesn't have to pass as tough a test

I guess I can see now why some ppl who can afford it buy large amounts of good ram when the getting is good

So what this means in plain english is that the newer versions of OCZ PC-3200 EL Platinums have a greater chance of containing ICs that have failed to reach the higher speed grades.
Not Exactly, it is hardest to find chips that will do 2-2-2 at 200FSB, so we start there, not the other way around. If they pass 2-2-2 at 200 then they become PC3200 Rev 2. We do not test any further.

Once that is done we then test the remaining chips at PC3700 speeds and timings...if they pass...voila PC3700 Plat....See where I am heading with this? We do not start at the top and go down...we start at the bottom and go up :D

So you still have a good chance of getting PC3200 chips that will do 270 at 2.5-3-3.....but your PC3700 or PC4200 will probably not do 2-2-2 at 200.

Hope that helps :)

Just got my R2 back from RMA. TCC5 chips, but I don't know which revision. I don't really feel like pulling the heatspreaders off to check, don't want to void the warranty yet. :rolleyes:

Some thing funny is going on... why did RyderOCZ's post just vanish?

anyhoo heres what he said..

Not Exactly, it is hardest to find chips that will do 2-2-2 at 200FSB, so we start there, not the other way around. If they pass 2-2-2 at 200 then they become PC3200 Rev 2. We do not test any further.

Once that is done we then test the remaining chips at PC3700 speeds and timings...if they pass...voila PC3700 Plat....See where I am heading with this? We do not start at the top and go down...we start at the bottom and go up :D

So you still have a good chance of getting PC3200 chips that will do 270 at 2.5-3-3.....but your PC3700 or PC4200 will probably not do 2-2-2 at 200.

I'm certainly glad Corsair dose not speed bin the same way :nod:

This is what my TCCD max out @ 2.0, 2, 2, 5 with 2.8v

Corsair4400C25_215_2,2,2,5.jpg

Just got my R2 back from RMA. TCC5 chips, but I don't know which revision. I don't really feel like pulling the heatspreaders off to check, don't want to void the warranty yet. :rolleyes:

From what I've read you don't have to pull the spreaders off,if their TCC5,you should be able to see v 1.1 on the pcb

What kind of FSB speeds have you been able to reach w/yours,Bugeyes.

215MHz @ 2.0, 2, 2, 5 with 2.8v

230MHz @ 2.5, 3, 2, 7 with 2.7v

I cant get the stupid FSB : DRAM dividers to work.... so max frequency will remain unknow untill I buy my A64 rig...sorry

215MHz @ 2.0, 2, 2, 5 with 2.8v

230MHz @ 2.5, 3, 2, 7 with 2.7v

I cant get the stupid FSB:DRAM dividers to work.... so max frequency will remain unknow untill I buy my A64 rig...sorry

You really don't want to use dividers on the NF2 chipset.

My Mushkin TCCD will run 250 FSB 2.5,3,3,11 1t 1:1 2.8v on the LP b