4v NF4 Jumper Worrying You? Try This Trick!

Seems to be working nice! Adjusted while in Genie BIOS, making smaaall adjustments of course.

Result:

3.3mod.gif

:)

Cool.. my DMM is broken now.. what I do to make sure the 3.3v rail is high enough is run some benchies like SuperPi or Sandra mem bench.. If the vdimm droops down alot then you need the 3.3v rail a little higher..

** But its always better and safer to use a DMM **

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the DMM, which setting do we set it at to read the voltage?

Well, my DMM is auto ranging, but you would put yours on "DC" with a range of 10v if you have that. Something less than 20v and more than 5v is preffered.

I'm having a bit of a problem selecting 3.3v in the DRAM Voltage Control.

I am using a OCZ PowerStream 520w and I have set the rail at roughly 3.35v. I upped it all the way up to 3.5v to see if that would allow me to select 3.3v in the DRAM Voltage Control but all I'm getting is 3.2 selectable. Mind you the BIOS settings are "out of the box" and I've never built a gaming rig before.

I am using a OCZ PowerStream 520w and I have set the rail at roughly 3.35v. I upped it all the way up to 3.5v to see if that would allow me to select 3.3v in the DRAM Voltage Control but all I'm getting is 3.2 selectable. Mind you the BIOS settings are "out of the box" and I've never built a gaming rig before.

thats correct, u only need to set 3.2v in the bios and adjust the 3.3+ rail on the psu. if you look at the voltage readings in the bios you will see the vdimm go up as u increase the 3.3+ psu line.

did you read the first post in this thread about how to set the jumpers in the upper corner of the board? If you do not set the jumpers correctly, you will not get to adjust past 3.2v

thats correct, u only need to set 3.2v in the bios and adjust the 3.3+ rail on the psu. if you look at the voltage readings in the bios you will see the vdimm go up as u increase the 3.3+ psu line.

incorrect...if you set the Genie BIOS to only 3.2v, no matter how much you adjust the 3.3v rail on the psu, the bios will not give you more than the 3.2v you set in the Genie BIOS

incorrect...if you set the Genie BIOS to only 3.2v, no matter how much you adjust the 3.3v rail on the psu, the bios will not give you more than the 3.2v you set in the Genie BIOS

Absolutely correct. Go immediately back to post 1 and read again, grasshopper.

ok my bad, so it set to 3.3v in bios and just use psu 3.3+ line to get vdimm to the voltage you want? just to confirm, setting the 3.3+ line to 3.6v on my Ocz Psu is safe?

Thanks.

ok my bad, so it set to 3.3v in bios and just use psu 3.3+ line to get vdimm to the voltage you want? just to confirm, setting the 3.3+ line to 3.6v on my Ocz Psu is safe?

Thanks.

you cannot choose 3.3v or more until you do the jumpering that Andy shows in his first post.

once you do it, you can hook up a DMM to your 3.3v rail and turn it up.

my 600w OCZ shut off at 3.65v today, so 3.64v is about as high as i could go, but I only needed 3.4v so I backed off to about 3.45v on the psu rail (measured with DMM) and it gives me a steady 3.4v in the sensors/bios.

but you will never get more voltage than what you set it to in the Genie BIOS section.

Thanks.

As Angry says; If you want 3.4v, set 3.4v in BIOS. 3.5v, set 3.5v. It follows what you set, as long as the PSU is turned high enough on the 3.3v line.

ok did the jumper setting as shown on pic but....

with the 3.3+ line set to 3.5v and bios vdimm set to 3.4, the bios voltage reading on the vdimm shows only 3.31v and measuring the vdimm point on the board itself reads 3.33v. but angry_games only need 3.45v on the psu for vdimm to run at 3.4v?