4v NF4 Jumper Worrying You? Try This Trick!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its safe to run the 3.3v rail up in the 3.6 range right? I don't want to fry everything. How high do you think I could run it?

Well, of course anything out of spec is not 100% fool proof. I personally have use 3.58v without a problem. This is not an official OCZ statement. The board is designed for high voltages and seem s to tolerate it well.

Many have been running this for months (including DFI staff) and we have seen no ill effects.

• 2 weeks later...
3) A good quality (in other words, no "Dead Dog" or other fly weight bargain basement, cheaper than dirt PSU with power like dirt) 24 pin PSU with an adjustable 3.3v rail, like the OCZ Powerstream or any other that allows external rail adjustment with ease.

Does Antec Smartpower 2.0 450 W single fan edition (came with sonata 2) work?

I am getting a new PSU so i can use this trick. Ive read somewhere the trick doesnt work with the new 6.18 bios (no higher then 3,2v in bios selectable when using jumpertrick).

Are there people out here using the trick with 6.18 bios? Any info much appreciated. Cheers

Little note of warning:

I'm putting 3.5volts on my 3.3volt line (measured at the ATX header block with Fluke 77 DMM) I have my bios set to 3.3 volts. I'm measuring 3.38 with the Fluke on the MOBO test point by the memory slot. Bios shows 3.36 volts.

Moral of story, the bios setting of 3.3 volts is putting closer to 3.4 volts than not. This is ok for what I personally want right now, just be aware that you might actually get more voltage on your ram than the bios setting.

Little note of warning:

I'm putting 3.5volts on my 3.3volt line (measured at the ATX header block with Fluke 77 DMM) I have my bios set to 3.3 volts. I'm measuring 3.38 with the Fluke on the MOBO test point by the memory slot. Bios shows 3.36 volts.

Moral of story, the bios setting of 3.3 volts is putting closer to 3.4 volts than not. This is ok for what I personally want right now, just be aware that you might actually get more voltage on your ram than the bios setting.

Thanks for the info!

hello everybody!

thats my first post.. i must say that all u guys on this forum rox :nod:

well.. i'll buy new:

DFI nf4 ultra-d,

OCZ Modsteam520W,

OCZ 1G gold VX ram

6800GT

A64 3500+ venice

dvd+rw

max 3 hdds 200gb

.. i was now using an old P4 sistem, so my knowledge of DFI and A64 is very pore (but i know DFI is just the best :sweat: ).. so..

i guess i would need to raise ram voltage.. u say that its best to make it with adjustable psu..

is it worth to add some cash and buy OCZ PowerSteam? If that so, is 420W enough or i have to buy 520w version?

i like ModSteam more than PowerSteam, cause i'll mod.. so tell me.. which OCZ PSU?

Thanks a lot!