Finished my Rig----some Pics

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan blades were all painted with (your gonna love this) Testors yellow model airplane paint (spraycan)-----it took four coats to cover the blades nicely and the paint did a fabulous job-----very shiny!!.
I agree, that Testors did a sweet job for you! Auto show quality :cool:

Did you spray the Arctic silencer too!? thats badass man. Good job. The paint job looks really proffessional. Would you say the model paint was easier to work with rather than a regular acrylic.

Lovely and welll errrr yellow :P

I do like the PMW fan you have ver good idea... how did you fix it to the board/hsf/case? Any close ups of that at all?

Cheers

Took one of the 3 1/2 Slot covers from the Lian Li case and cut/bent a bracket to hold the fan-----it's mabe 1/2 inch wide and cut to follow the contours of the fan tunnel.

It's held in place by a short machine screw through the floor of the MoBo tray----nice and steady.

The fan runs at low RPMs as it is hooked to the fanbus----but it gives a nice breeze over the mosfets.

The xp-120 actually overhangs the RAM and the 120 x 38 panaflow does a nice job blowing a breeze over the RAM----especially the first slot....

Very quiet at low RPMs----which is all that is needed.

Did you spray the Arctic silencer too!? thats badass man. Good job. The paint job looks really proffessional. Would you say the model paint was easier to work with rather than a regular acrylic.

Sprayed the Arctic Silencer with the same yellow Testors model airplane paint.

Only took two good coats as the silencer was clear plastic.

I had good luck with the standard Testors Spray can

I tried one of the fan blades with my airbrush----but saw no difference in quality.

Very nice, well done. Was it difficult installing the Matrix Orbital LCD? They look pretty cool i want one for my new rig.

The Matrix Orbital was easy to install----just get the extra cable that hooks to a MoBo USB header for power.

Setting up the Matrix Orbital's software does take some time though....

A little bit of a learning curve/trial and error.....

Guest Blooz1

VERY nicely done!

I've also got a yellow/black themed rig, but it's not as nice as yours is! I have a black Compucase LX-6A19 (same chassis as the Antec 3700's) which I did in yellow on the inside. I painted the removable drive cages in black metalflake. There's 4 coats of clear on top of the whole thing for depth.

I've got a Lian-Li PC-65b sitting here that I seriously considered using for the DFI, but I prefer the quiet of 120MM fans. (my rig has 2 Panaflo's)

Gotta love those yellow fans you made!