*NEW-DFI NF4-D*.. Mod to SataII and SLI Picture Tutorial

You know, for people saying how awesome these motherboards are, they sure are fsckin' picky. . .

Ah, but you can't weave a silk shirt with boars hair.

To attain the maximum performance you must use the highest quality parts whether we're talking about motherboards or motorsports.

You get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, for people saying how awesome these motherboards are, they sure are fsckin' picky. . .

you could get a gigabyte board there real easy to setup and dont require much in the way of research or quality componets to go with it.

If you email Donna @ DFI and tell he you need a replacement bridge for a SLI board she will be able to hook you up.. ;)

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/member.php?u=992

Thank you so much. :)

One more small Q. I did read thru the thread, but didnt see it. Whats the best way to connect the contacts? Pen, pencil, one brand better than the other? Thanks.

I would say any trace/conductive pen would be about equal and definitely probably won't make much difference for this job.

When it comes to pencil, I believe someone claimed Faber no2 pencil was the best according to their tests but I don't know how they did their tests. But really, any 2B or no 2 pencil should be fine.

A trace/conductive pen is obviously better then a pencil and less likely to wear off but you obviously don't have one lying round the house and it isn't cheap especially if you're only likely to use it once.

Great thanks for the info. Have another GTX on the way.

edit, I am not able to PM Donna, nor email her. Is there another way to get in touch?

Just ordered one, post my results when I get it, and my other GTX. Should have the card by Tues or Wed, and hopefully the bridge as well.

Thanks to all for the help.

edit, one more question...

After I do the mod, will it show up in the BIOS, drivers, or anything else before I add the second card? I just want to be able to make sure I did it right, so when it gets here, all I have to do it plug it in, and not trouble shoot.

So I sent her the email with the CC info at 3:34pm est. At 4:41pm est I had a tracking number. Needless to say, I am VERY happy and impressed.