DFI Recommended Power Supplies (UPDATED October 20th, 2006!)

Yeah, but i mean, is that worthy or TOO MUCH BETTER than mine?

cuz i would buy from a guy the expert version, and guy said me that i was trading 6 for 6... if you know what i mean...

anyway, of course that is impossible to find the venus version... anyway hehehe

so, Corsair, is what i choose too, antec only offer 2 more AMPS than corsair, but the cables are messy... i like sleeved kits like my vantec..

thx for the reply dude.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but i mean, is that worthy or TOO MUCH BETTER than mine?

cuz i would buy from a guy the expert version, and guy said me that i was trading 6 for 6... if you know what i mean...

anyway, of course that is impossible to find the venus version... anyway hehehe

so, Corsair, is what i choose too, antec only offer 2 more AMPS than corsair, but the cables are messy... i like sleeved kits like my vantec..

thx for the reply dude.

Basically, all I see in the Expert off the top of my head is:

-the 8-pin power connector as opposed to the 4-pin;

-extra spacing between PCIe slots

-3 PCI slots (I think)

EDIT: Oops, looks like Kingfisher got it.. I forgot to add that the memory slot placement has been moved to the left of the CPU as opposed to the top.

Yeah i know about these, all i want to know, if its performance is too much better than the 'traditional' , well if you guys say that is worthy to get it, because i have liked a bit these changes... and it is more power hungry isnt?

2 - i will get this corsair psu.

So far just about every user comment or opinion I've read on the Corsair HX520 has been positive. HG seems to really like the bigger brother version (the 620W unit), so with that being said the 520W little brother can't be that far off in terms of product quality.

I will get that cuz is the money can buy ehehe, and i have received another old psu from warranty, new and i will sell them out. (vantec and st420bkv) to get this one... baout the mobo question, i am really curious if the expert, in terms of performance kicks my mobo from the sig.'s butt.

You really won't benefit much going from your SLI-DR to the SLI-DR Expert. Besides that , Expert won't like you RAM much.

Expert is a good choice if you have premium hardware and power supply.

If I were you, I'd stay with your current board.

THX king, thx to all ehehe

the guy here said the same thing... but even with the corsair psu? anyway, i will stick with my mobo... i like it, just doesnt like much that plastic karajan modulo cover which is very approached to one capacitor, but i think that isnt a problem...

thx again