DFI nF3: TwinMOS DDR433 SpeedPremium Results

With 2x512 of VX PC3200 @ 3.48v-3.6v (fluctuating a fair amount due to 3.3vRail not high enough) my VX is memtest stable at 271-272 also.

I never tried memtest with 1x512 but in Windows I could run benchmarks up to 280 2-2-2 @ same voltage.

What I'm saying is, 754 CAN run that quick but you will need good RAM, lots of volts, active cooling, and a lucky memory controller.

Also, PC3200 TwinMOS does seem to be better for socket 754 from my experiences... but it is NOT BH5 usually. There are a few BH-UTT sticks floating around but most are CH-UTT.

Personally I think CH-UTT is the better choice

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With 2x512 of VX PC3200 @ 3.48v-3.6v (fluctuating a fair amount due to 3.3vRail not high enough) my VX is memtest stable at 271-272 also.

I never tried memtest with 1x512 but in Windows I could run benchmarks up to 280 2-2-2 @ same voltage.

What I'm saying is, 754 CAN run that quick but you will need good RAM, lots of volts, active cooling, and a lucky memory controller.

Also, PC3200 TwinMOS does seem to be better for socket 754 from my experiences... but it is NOT BH5 usually. There are a few BH-UTT sticks floating around but most are CH-UTT.

Personally I think CH-UTT is the better choice

Yes Rabbi; when I said those speeds cannot be reached I was referring to the twinmos, not bh/ch5 in generaL. I think I'm gonna order some OCX VX this week :nod:

A lucky set of TwinMOS with CH-UTT chips will go bout as high as a lucky set of OCZ VX... it really comes down to luck with CH-UTT... no different to CPUs, Vid Cards, etc I guess

A lucky set of TwinMOS with CH-UTT chips will go bout as high as a lucky set of OCZ VX... it really comes down to luck with CH-UTT... no different to CPUs, Vid Cards, etc I guess

Yup that is true, bot what really interests me in the VX is the up to 3.675v guarantee :)

well i just ordered 2x512 sticks of TMSP's and they're coming out of newegg's california wharehouse. i won't know for sure if they're bh-5 or ch-5 till i get them but i heard that one of their wharehouses has been delivering ch-5 while the other (new jersey) has been sending bh-5. anyone know if there is any truth to this? or are all the new TMSP's bh-5 now? i have the capability of 3.6v's either way but i'd like to get the ch-5's as i've been seing better results on the forums.

From all the posts at XS and EOC they've been getting UTT/BH5,wished I would've ordered some SP's when they were shipping UTT/CH5 myself now.

From some of the memory databases they show Mushkin Redline XP3500 and XP4000 shipping w/UTT/CH5,but that's more than the SP's cost

well i just ordered 2x512 sticks of TMSP's and they're coming out of newegg's california wharehouse. i won't know for sure if they're bh-5 or ch-5 till i get them but i heard that one of their wharehouses has been delivering ch-5 while the other (new jersey) has been sending bh-5. anyone know if there is any truth to this? or are all the new TMSP's bh-5 now? i have the capability of 3.6v's either way but i'd like to get the ch-5's as i've been seing better results on the forums.

Please post results when you get them :)

thanks,

fearo

From some of the memory databases they show Mushkin Redline XP3500 and XP4000 shipping w/UTT/CH5,but that's more than the SP's cost

I am pretty sure ALL Mushkin Redline is CH-UTT, not BH-UTT

Ok guys. Got a couple of these sticks from Rabbi. (Thanks for that btw).

Only been testing with one stick as of present.

So far, it's been running 240-245 @ 3.2V @ 1T-2-2-8-2-7-15-2-2-2-3-Auto-Auto-Inc 128-DS1

When I try 247 it gives a couple of errors every third run or so, and 249+ won't let me boot at all, although I think it needs more volts than I can give (Watch this space).

I have been using the 1015 bios for the NF3 LP. I changed to the 0331 but it wasn't giving the same speeds I was getting with the 1015 so I reverted back. I'll have a poke round a bit more with the 0331 once time permits but for now I'll stick to what I know.

A weird thing I noticed is that when I was running around 230 @ 3.0v it liked DS3 the best, yet once I put through 3.2v and went for 240+ it loved DS1. I have to admit that I haven't been all that scientific in my timings, leaving some things on auto and playing around with IncSkew figures but I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I can't wait to get some more volts going through this baby.