Socket 939 Discussion Thread

Of it course it's Chevy. Duramax Turbo Diesel. Only thing Ford I own is the Plastic body on my Race car. One of the cars I race is in my sig. It's an older picture though. It's a bit faster now. Methanol injected 385CI small block chevy runs 7.50's. Other car I run is a 70 chevelle that sees mainly sanctioned street car events. That runs a 377 CI small block with 2 stages on a 10" wide tire in the 9's with current tags and full exhaust. I'll grab some pics and host them up when I get home tonight.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appear to be having trouble getting my RAM to stay stable at 2.5-3-3-8-1T @ 280x10 @ 9/10.

190-1T-2.5-3-8-3-14-20-3-3-2-3-3120-enabled-auto-0-8-3-12-normal-9-16-disable-16x-4x-disable

Any suggestions?

OCZ gold rev. 2

OCZ gold rev. 2

Are these the same ones you have in the DB already ?

You really need to fix up those entries before trying to make a new one.. If you are redoing the whole thing then tell me and I will delete them so it doesnt confuse anyone.. then you can just repost them..

edit..

I read back into this thread a little and see you said you think it has hynix chips.. How about posting the exact model # and then we can see if we can find out the chips that are on them..

The PC4000 Gold Rev 2 have Hynix IC's. They should be DT-D5 or DT-D43 depending on when you bought them. Late 04 early 05 are D5 most likely, April-ish 05 and later D43...but even late 05 still some could have been D5

D43 I'm willing to bet.

Yes, I might be mistaken on rules. I'll wipe the old entries on the same hardware and keep the latest entry. I'm currently having to redo my entire OC because it suddenly changed on me. My 2.8 OC stopped working so I've revamped the whole thing from scratch and have been putting in entries as I've managed faster stable clocks. My bad.

EDIT: As far as I can tell, they are all correct now. Do you see anything wrong? I had only one error in one and that was because of the muddling I did.

D43 I'm willing to bet.

hmm.. I never messed with hynix on my nf4 and Ive heard that they dont usually run too well.. I used to have some older hynix on my NF3 and I was never too successfull in overclocking it..

My 2.8 OC stopped working so I've revamped the whole thing from scratch and have been putting in entries as I've managed faster stable clocks. My bad..

You might want to reflash the bios.. I know with my rig when im working on an entry and trying to get it stable beating the heck outta it sometimes its not stable.. And even a cmos clear doesnt fix it.. The only thing that usually brings it right back for me is reflashing the bios..

EDIT: As far as I can tell, they are all correct now. Do you see anything wrong? I had only one error in one and that was because of the muddling I did.

I just looked and they all look fine now.. Thanks for fixing them !

In short, they suck. I'm waiting for my Centon BH-5 to come in... :drool:

EDIT: I long cleared my CMOS, reset my settings, ran 3dmark01 for a personal high score and am currently running dual prime at 2.5-3-3-5-1T. If it makes it past 3 hours I'll be shocked. I fails everytime between 2 and 3 hours.

EDITEDIT: 40 minutes. This is a disaster. I can't even run my entry settings anymore. Reflash it is I guess.

EDITEDITEDIT: Reflashed to tony's 6/23. I hope this helps.

Nice OC there man, DAMN I wish I had a 1900xt and a crossfire board...

Well, the BIOS flash seems to have worked. Going on to 4 hours @ 2.5-3-3-8-1T with no errors...

I wish I understood why a reflash would work wonders like that, then again, I did move to OCZ optimized BIOS.

Guest LithoTech
Nice OC there man, DAMN I wish I had a 1900xt and a crossfire board...

Well, the BIOS flash seems to have worked. Going on to 4 hours @ 2.5-3-3-8-1T with no errors...

I wish I understood why a reflash would work wonders like that, then again, I did move to OCZ optimized BIOS.

I got a feeling you gonna be a very happeh clockaire once that delivery comes in! :nod:

You bordering on suicide runs out of boredom waiting for the Centons? :confused:

Don't do it man! :sweat: :shake: