DFI LanParyt SLI-DR best mobo i have ever owned!!!

Like the title says - this motherboard is the best I have ever had the pleasure of owning and tweaking. It was a handful in the beginning but once everything is understood and sorted out it is extremely rewarding.

My little 3200 winchester that couldnt - I come to find out can on this motherboard and with ease. 2700mhz is my 24/7 overclock. My full system is in my signature.

My dram setttings are as follows:

200-en-2.5-4-6-3-9-14-3-2-2-2-3072-1-en-incr-255-7-2-8-5-256-en-16-7-dis

This board has pushed my tccd to 300mhz....taken my cpu to 2.7ghz and after tackling all of the options - is a complete joy to use. Stressful at first I will admit getting those options down pat

The only thing I wished i could get is my trcd down to 3 but that may just be a limitation of the ram.

I will post all the bench's soon.

I hope my post will sway anybody considering this board to run not walk out and purchase - you will not be disappointed.

*disclaimer* not a noob board - can't plug in turn on and run - you WILL have to tweak/fiddle/swear/drink/pray/drink more to get everything humming nicely up /disclaimer

Guest oRiOn

I actually pulled a plug in and run :) im a noob and have no experience in any overclocking and I hit 296x9 at 1.6 volts, and I can't drink im 14 :P

I see you did your homework and bought nothing marginal for the friggen fastest NF4 on the planet it appears.

Antec Sonata w/ PCP&C 510-SLI || DFI NF4 SLI-DR w/ 3.10 bios || A64 3200+ Winchester CBBFD 0441 TPMW @ 2.7ghz (300x9 1:1) || BFG 6800GT-OC SLI @ 425 / 1100 || Swiftec MCP650 x2 / Swiftec 6002 / DD Maze4 GPU Low Profile x2 / 77' Bonneville x2 || OCZ 4200el Platinum @ 300mhz 2.5-4-6-3 || Seagate 7200.7 200GB SATA x2 || Audigy 2 ZS || BenQ dw1620 || Liteon SOHR-5238S

Good show man and prudent use of homeworking your peripheral purchases.

RGone... :confused: as usual.

Like the title says - this motherboard is the best I have ever had the pleasure of owning and tweaking. It was a handful in the beginning but once everything is understood and sorted out it is extremely rewarding.

My little 3200 winchester that couldnt - I come to find out can on this motherboard and with ease. 2700mhz is my 24/7 overclock. My full system is in my signature.

My dram setttings are as follows:

200-en-2.5-4-6-3-9-14-3-2-2-2-3072-1-en-incr-255-7-2-8-5-256-en-16-7-dis

This board has pushed my tccd to 300mhz....taken my cpu to 2.7ghz and after tackling all of the options - is a complete joy to use. Stressful at first I will admit getting those options down pat

The only thing I wished i could get is my trcd down to 3 but that may just be a limitation of the ram.

I will post all the bench's soon.

I hope my post will sway anybody considering this board to run not walk out and purchase - you will not be disappointed.

*disclaimer* not a noob board - can't plug in turn on and run - you WILL have to tweak/fiddle/swear/drink/pray/drink more to get everything humming nicely up /disclaimer

i have spent the better part of today trying to get my trcd from 4 to 3 but i just dont think its going to happen....it can pass memtest with trcd 3 but windows is a no go....

so i tighened up some other settings and the timings i am running now are:

2.5-4-5-3-9-14-2-2-2-2-3072-1-en-incr-255-7-4-8-5-16-en-16-7-dis

Yup, nothing like wading through 3 oz. or 172 cu. ft. of styrofoam peanuts only to have 2 6800 ultras, a shiny new DFI SLI DR, a clawhammer 4000, and an enermax noistaker 600 pop out at you. :) All my stuff came today, and am waiting on a wednesday delivery of 2 seagates 200 satas to go with it all. The xp120 and panaflo came the other day. Prolly wont get a chance to start on it till the next weekend, but that will give me more time to read up on it here, and in the manuals. Looks like serious stuff. Glad I went with DFI.

T.T.

Yup, nothing like wading through 3 oz. or 172 cu. ft. of styrofoam peanuts only to have 2 6800 ultras, a shiny new DFI SLI DR, a clawhammer 4000, and an enermax noistaker 600 pop out at you. :) All my stuff came today, and am waiting on a wednesday delivery of 2 seagates 200 satas to go with it all. The xp120 and panaflo came the other day. Prolly wont get a chance to start on it till the next weekend, but that will give me more time to read up on it here, and in the manuals. Looks like serious stuff. Glad I went with DFI.

T.T.

Nice equip there Tommy, good luck w/ it!

Update:

after a few hours of reading / troubleshooting i finally figured out what was giving me some grief randomly on bootup -

NV IDE DRIVERS = BBBBBBAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDD

I was getting machine_chck_error BSOD randomly at bootup and i thought it was overclock to far or ram timings - did some reading and turns out it was the Nvidia Nforce IDE drivers puking on me.....uninstall those drivers and voilla - no more bsod and rock solid stable!!

New memory timings:

2.5-4-5-3-7-13-3-2-1-2-3072-1-en-incr-255-7-2-8-5-16-en-16-7-dis

300x9 1:1

2.8vdimm

1.5v ldt

1.7v chipset

1.68vcore