some memory revisited @ anand

Buying some Ballistix?

Recieve the cost of a GIZMO ($17) off of your order, so in effect you get the GIZMO free. 128 MB Flash Drive.

Coupon Code: FREEGIZMO

To use this coupon, type FREEGIZMO in the coupon code box at checkout. (You'll see the coupon code box on the Billing Information page, just above the Shopping Cart Summary near the bottom of the page.) After you enter the code, your coupon savings will appear in your shopping cart.*

Sell the flash drive for $20.....even cheaper memory!

what site is that at?

At Crucial.com

You might even be able to use the 4% off coupon found everywhere (at crucial, PC World..just search google for the 4% off coupon).

You might be able to double stack the 2 for 4% off and the free 128 flash drive :)

Don't know til you try!

Yeah, I finally realized that the "SPLASH SCREEN" was hiding all the information I was used to seeing.

I did just flash my bios to 3/10.

The settings (not sure what term to use) for my memory are 3-3-8-3.

MEMTEST86 detected 0 problems.

I just installed the 2nd KINGSTON DIMM to total 1GB. I am doing NO OVERCLOCKING of anykind at this point. Every once in a while, the system will simply RESET, or just stop responding. Usually happens when I am in a game like 1/2 life 2 or DOOM3.

Any suggestions?

i think i'm going to go ballistix too- $211 shipped is too good to pass up at newegg.

I get charged tax for ordering at crucial, so i have to decide if i really want the flash drive