some memory revisited @ anand

Hello. Another great review....

"There is no doubt that the Athlon 64 platform can be a very good match to Crucial Ballistix. When price is considered, Ballistix is still a very attractive choice on the latest nForce4 platforms. It is also interesting that as a memory chip, the Micron chips used in Ballistix are very close in performance to the Winbond chips used in VX at the same timings and speed". YEAHH :nod:

Good job DFI guy´s with 0310 bios!

Thanks

Hello,

I like my Ballistix too, the orange/gold heat spreader also matches the colour scheme of the nF4 board :)

I have seen a few posts that say BIOS 0310 cures some memory problems, I haven't experienced any problems with BIOS 0125.

Radical_53 recommend that I use BIOS 310p, Also a few people have asked this question.

What is the difference between 310 vs 310p.

Also is 0125 a slower BIOS, what did you think of it Sesiom?

Hello,

I like my Ballistix too, the orange/gold heat spreader also matches the colour scheme of the nF4 board :)

I have seen a few posts that say BIOS 0310 cures some memory problems, I haven't experienced any problems with BIOS 0125.

Radical_53 recommend that I use BIOS 310p, Also a few people have asked this question.

What is the difference between 310 vs 310p.

Also is 0125 a slower BIOS, what did you think of it Sesiom?

see the anand review.. "Therefore, for best performance of Ballistix, make sure that you are using BIOS version 310 (March 10, 2005) or later."

This bios version fixed a lot of issues with ballistix.

I didn´t try 310p. I´ve read that p stands for performance. I´m very happy with original one (310) ;)

dshoffman, when your computer posts, a bunch of text appears on the first screen. You can hit Pause/Break to see it more clearly. The BIOS date appears at the bottom left hand corner of the screen.

That is an interesting review by Anandtech. The prices for 2x512 of those memories at Newegg is as follows:

Crucial Ballistix - $211.

OCZ Platinum Rev. 2 - $269

Corsair TwinX - $265

OCZ VX - $262.

Based on price and performance, I would think that Crucial was the big winner in that roundup.

vx is now 220

and the 1/25 bios is the fastest as it has the tightest/best timings.. the later revisions have to loosen these to afford a broader compatiblity with specific memory modules/cards

Hippy, do you have a link where the OCZ VX PC4000 tested by Anandtech is $220?

I looked at Newegg, and if you search for 2x512 with keywords "gold vx"

it shows the OCZ PC3200 Gold VX at $227. However, that's not the stuff used in the Anandtech test. They used OCZ PC4000 Gold VX, which is shown in that link to be out of stock at $262.50.

Buying some Ballistix?

Recieve the cost of a GIZMO ($17) off of your order, so in effect you get the GIZMO free. 128 MB Flash Drive.

Coupon Code: FREEGIZMO

To use this coupon, type FREEGIZMO in the coupon code box at checkout. (You'll see the coupon code box on the Billing Information page, just above the Shopping Cart Summary near the bottom of the page.) After you enter the code, your coupon savings will appear in your shopping cart.*

Sell the flash drive for $20.....even cheaper memory!