Mystery of the GEIL...

Nice job :D , still workin on my SP BH5´s. i see in ur sceenies that u crank tha Chipset voltage to 1,8v is this really needed? i still run stock 1.5v doing 250mhz 2-2-2-6-1T @ 3.3volts.

All i did notice from changing the chipset voltages are the RPMs and noice on the little nasty fan on the chipset :P

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a set of 2x512Mb Geil Ultra-X with a s/n of 5000209 (or something close to that, that's my "memory" of the s/n when I checked last night, it's definitely in the 50002XX) and I believe that they are TCCD since they will run [email protected] at 2.9v.

Looks like I may have had one of the last of the TCCD run mayhaps?

Well if they will do 290 with 2.90 they are TCCD. There will probably be some early 500xxxx

sticks with TCCD as the last of those chips are used and the BH5 goes in. My 5000159's

are definately BH5.

Gees what a mess lol.

Viper

I must have lucked out with that one then. I would be spewing if they hadn't been TCCD.

Not that BH-5 are bad.. but if you ask for a burger that has no gherkins... you expect no gherkins.

Ifg I had wanted BH5 I wouldn't have had to buy anything. BH5 I got lol.

Viper

i just assumed that my Ultra Platinum 4000 was also BH-5 because of the 5000464 SN. can anyone confirm this? im not experienced with BH-5 and it's giving me some haaches.

here's the post about my Ultra Plat pc4000's http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...74278#post74278

if it's not BH-5, what is it? i'm still trying to figure out what this RAM likes ...

definitely doesnt like tight timings (unless im missing something) and im still up in the air about volts. all BH-5 guides ive seen dont even let me POST.