OCZ Prime Stable Database (updated 2/06/2006)

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested memtest 85+ 2 days ago. It was a standard test and it's run one hour with non errors but i have no idea which settings are important to test the memory.

Bios revision is 3/25.

please look at my sig, some info and timings in there.

2.7 is kinda low for these sticks in DC.....2.9V is what you want, without question !

Now i see what i can do but 2.9V isn't so high for non VX OCZ? I have only 3200+ Rev 2.0 not VX.

Ah yes i have tested your settings but if i change the fsb up to 220 then my system crashes but with 210 my system run fine like my setting.

hi guys, im having all kinds of trouble with my ocz platinum r2.

I have everything in the bios apart from 2-2-2-5 and Tref 4708 on the optimized defaults and I have set vdimm to 2.7 volts.

When i first turn on the system it is fine and I get the post 'beep' and memtest detects 1gig of ram running in dual channel ddr 400.

When i restart windows from the start menu it doesn't post beep at all and doesnt display the ram size, yet displays 2-2-2-5 1T and ddr 400 etc. It boots into windows fine however. Is this normal?

I have tried it with each stick and it happens whether it is one or two sticks.

I was getting BSOD's on large file copies/intense HDD activity with the error message 'pfn_list_corrupt' so have re-installed windows without the nvidia IDE drivers but all nforce drivers in.

Any help you can give is appreciated.

It takes approx 10 - 15 min to complete 1 pass

You will see the "Pass" go from 0 to 1, then you know that 1 is done.

So i have tested 2x SC Memtest with 6 Pasts without Errors and finally DC with 12 Pasts without Errors. Run @#5.

What shall i do?

GNU,

You did not run all the test? Do I understand you correctly that you only ran test #5? If you have no errors, then go into windows...or try your OC. Run the FSB to 210 and the multi to 10, set the CPU VID to 1.3 and the Special VID to 113%, then run memtest again to make sure your OC is OK :)

NeO,

Yes that is very normal for it not to count the memory on a restart from windows, only on a cold boot and that is not a memory issue. That is how the motherboard does it :)

thanks for your reply Ryder, I couldda sworn it was beeping on restarts before I re-installed. I guess im not used to this motherboard yet :)

Can you recommend any settings for the OCZ platinum r2 3200 to give me max performance? Do I need alter anything in the genie bios other than setting 2-2-2-5 with this ram or are the optimized defaults good?

Thanks again for getting back to me.