The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

A brief follow-up. In examining the main .dll file associated with MBM, the SMBus access point in the NF3 and NF4 MCP is not defined. The definitions end with the NF2 MCP chips. So, bdea, bdea, bdats all folks.

Hoot

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or is it suppose to?

I can't seems to get my GPU temps to MBM5 even with xhp mod.

I have a 7800GTX KO and 77.77.

I am also curious on how MBM5 reads HD temp? Can someone nice tell me a little about it? Thanks!

Run sysinfo. You should see a set of 3 readings somewhere between temp sensor 21 and 26.

Enter temp dialogue box. Change those 3 sensors from none to custom. Activate in Dashboard or whereever. You should be set to go.

I can guess about the HD. The sensor chip inside the HD exports data to either the SMBus or ISA bus. When MBM scans the address locations on these busses it finds the HD info and reports it.

A brief follow-up. In examining the main .dll file associated with MBM, the SMBus access point in the NF3 and NF4 MCP is not defined. The definitions end with the NF2 MCP chips. So, bdea, bdea, bdats all folks.

Hoot

Yep, the mbm doesn't support SMBus for nf4 as it detects it at $0000. Speedfan detects it at $1C00/40... I posted this info yesterday but it is missing :confused:

hey guys got a few ?'s.

1. this might sound retarded but mbm5 controlls all the cases fans assuming that the are plugged in to the mobo right? like you can set the rpm's and stuff cuz theres not much talk about that in the thread..... mostly just display an such.

2. is this better than getting a fan controller cuz i found a $40 coolermaster for $15 at svc. i'm assuming it puts less stress on the mobo and has more accurate temp readings....?

thanks for the help

hey guys got a few ?'s.

1. this might sound retarded but mbm5 controlls all the cases fans assuming that the are plugged in to the mobo right? like you can set the rpm's and stuff cuz theres not much talk about that in the thread..... mostly just display an such.

2. is this better than getting a fan controller cuz i found a $40 coolermaster for $15 at svc. i'm assuming it puts less stress on the mobo and has more accurate temp readings....?

thanks for the help

MBM doesnt control fans at all. You need Speedfan for that.

I'd certainly recommend a Fan Controller as I don't recommend plugging fans into all the fan headers on a power hungry board. Also be much easier to control.

MBM5 config as posted is designed to give you the maximum visual data through either the dashboard or On Screen Display. Including GPU and DRAM temps. It's custom made for your board.

@soundx

Now it is really time to rename it to NF2/NF3/NF4 - MBM 5 Settings ;)

What happened to the links to my plugins on the first page (they are not links for me any more, but the URLs are ok) :confused: . Is it only me?

@

Did anyone notice v7.0 non sli and all of the v7.1 downloads disappeared?? I didn't remove it :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Run sysinfo. You should see a set of 3 readings somewhere between temp sensor 21 and 26.

I added another verification procedure. You inspired me ;)

I added another verification procedure. You inspired me

Your instructions are too easy we have to make these people work harder heh heh

Watch your back _xhp_ It's a dog eat dog buisness ;) Wizzard just rewrote ATI tool to read Nvidia cards.

Hoot

Hoot, Just out of curiosity did you try adding a line in the [advanced] section of mbm.ini

maxim6658=1

I don't see how it could help if the smbus isn't even being scanned but it appears to be a requirement for maxim chips to be read by MBM.

Wouldn't it be possible to modify the main dll file and add the needed data to the MCP list? Couldn't those access points be gleaned from "other" programs ;)