The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

I think i'm using the standard setup download (slightly modified) but here is an excerpt from my sysinfo. it any use?

-Sensor Chip Selections-

Possible Temp Sensors[1] : ITE8712F-1

Possible Temp Sensors[2] : ITE8712F-1 Diode

Possible Temp Sensors[3] : ITE8712F-2

Possible Temp Sensors[4] : ITE8712F-2 Diode

Possible Temp Sensors[5] : ITE8712F-3

Possible Temp Sensors[6] : ITE8712F-3 Diode

Selected Temp Sensors[1] : ITE8712F-1 Diode (379)

Selected Temp Sensors[2] : ITE8712F-2 (193)

Selected Temp Sensors[3] : ITE8712F-3 (194)

Selected Temp Sensors[4] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[6] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[7] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[8] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[9] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[10] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[21] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[22] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[23] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[24] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[25] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[26] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[27] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[28] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[29] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[30] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[31] : Custom (185)

Selected Temp Sensors[32] : Custom (185)

Possible Voltage Sensors[2] : MBM Fixed

Selected Voltage Sensors[1] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[2] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[3] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[4] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[5] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[6] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[7] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[8] : MBM Fixed (2)

Selected Voltage Sensors[9] : MBM Fixed (2)

Possible Fan Sensors[1] : ITE8712F-1

Possible Fan Sensors[2] : ITE8712F-2

Possible Fan Sensors[3] : ITE8712F-3

Selected Fan Sensors[1] : ITE8712F-1 T1 D4 (48)

Selected Fan Sensors[2] : ITE8712F-2 T1 D8 (49)

Selected Fan Sensors[3] : ITE8712F-3 T1 D4 (50)

Possible Voltage Sub Types[0] : ITE8712F Standard 1

Possible Voltage Sub Types[1] : ITE8712F Standard 2

Possible Voltage Sub Types[2] : ITE8712F Standard 3

Possible Voltage Sub Types[3] : ITE8712F Standard 4

Possible Voltage Sub Types[4] : GA-8PE667

Possible Voltage Sub Types[5] : CT-7NJS

Possible Voltage Sub Types[6] : GA-8IK1100

Possible Voltage Sub Types[7] : Shuttle SB61G

Possible Voltage Sub Types[8] : GA-8IPE1000Pro

Possible Voltage Sub Types[9] : GA-8KNXP

Possible Voltage Sub Types[10] : Gigabyte GA-7N400-L

Possible Voltage Sub Types[11] : Asus A7V8X-X

Possible Voltage Sub Types[12] : GA-8PE667 Ultra

Possible Voltage Sub Types[13] : Elitegroup N2U400-A

Selected Voltage Sub Type : ITE8712F Standard 4 (3)

--Sensor Chip Readings--

Temperature Readout[1] : 28

Temperature Readout[2] : 34

Temperature Readout[3] : 44

Temperature Readout[4] : 0

Temperature Readout[6] : 0

Temperature Readout[7] : 0

Temperature Readout[8] : 0

Temperature Readout[9] : 0

Temperature Readout[10] : 0

Temperature Readout[21] : 1349

Temperature Readout[22] : 275

Temperature Readout[23] : 0

Temperature Readout[24] : 0

Temperature Readout[25] : 45

Temperature Readout[26] : 0

Temperature Readout[27] : 0

Temperature Readout[28] : 0

Temperature Readout[29] : 0

Temperature Readout[30] : 0

Temperature Readout[31] : 45

Temperature Readout[32] : 35

Voltage Readout[1] : 1.14816

Voltage Readout[2] : 1.168

Voltage Readout[3] : 3.42784

Voltage Readout[4] : 5.1615

Voltage Readout[5] : 12.29525

Voltage Readout[6] : 1.6137

Voltage Readout[7] : 3.2144

Voltage Readout[8] : 5.1395

Voltage Readout[9] : 3.088

Fan Readout[1] : 2205

Fan Readout[2] : 1028

Fan Readout[3] : 6490

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds similar to my pre corrected readings. I'm not certain why I decided v8 was VSB and v9 bat. I may have based it on the sensor settings for smartguardian. I may have them backwards or be totally screwed up. I'll try to think of a way to double check one or the other.

edit: well I checked my logs and and I get small (< 0.6%) and very infrequent variations on v8 and NO variation on v9. v4 seems to have small variations (~ 0.6% again) but fairly frequent.

Some OSD in games toughts...

I set my OSD to 0ms = no delay. I also have the OSD shortcut set to my logitech mouse "quick switch" button. When i a game I just press or repeatedly press the button and the OSD blimps on the display. Works in GTA SA...

But it kinda sucks...

But there are some other solutions:

One could write a plugin for RivaTunerStatisticsServer (RTSS) which is capable to show any values as text - plugin would read the values from MBM an show them in RivaTunerStatisticsServer. RivaTunerStatisticsServer has a couple of MB, but it isn't too big... It can show extra text in DX7, DX8, DX9 & OpenGL games - a perfect solution...

I don't have time to write this stuff, but it should be very easy - you have both tha examples of reading mbm data (from the plugins) and expamples of showing it by RTSS that come with Rivatuner - just put it together...

BUT, that isn't perfect, and I was wondering how they do it so I was very bussy the last ~2h, found some code/text/tutorials, glued it and the results are :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :

gallery19mw.th.jpg

See the red text in the upper left corner :nod:

gallery25ok.th.jpg

See the upper left corner :nod:

Due to low knowledge in the area of DX programming the new plugin is not usable - that text version decreases my FPS by ~25, and that dashboard version by ~50-60 - not acceptable...

So if anybody knows a thing or two about DX9 programming let me know - the main problem now it the creation and destructions of resources (texture/sprite/font) as I now create & destroy them for every frame. I tried reusing it by it crashes a lot (lost device, alt+tab and stuff like that)...

Without any help I won't be able to finish this as you might have realised by now - I am in a tight spot with free time...

Did I say the solution works with most windows/pictures/text - samurize window, riva tuner, whatever :nod:

well thats awesome, im glad youre intrested in gettin the OSD to work in games so much. That was the bigger thing i was wanting. I use a script i got from this thread, i dunno who wrote but it shows memory usage and all that. This what i really wanna see in game, temps and memory usage. I know that ATI took does just that cause i have seen screenshots of from BF2 were people were showing how much it hogs up memory and i just thought it was the coolest thing to see in game. I think having it work in games just like it does with the desktop using a hotkey would be the best deal. As far as my other temp reading problem, ill take a look at it and see if i can figure it out. Otherwise guess ill just have to wait till ya got time. Thanks for whatever all you guys can come up with though.

That sounds similar to my pre corrected readings. I'm not certain why I decided v8 was VSB and v9 bat. I may have based it on the sensor settings for smartguardian. I may have them backwards or be totally screwed up. I'll try to think of a way to double check one or the other.

edit: well I checked my logs and and I get small (< 0.6%) and very infrequent variations on v8 and NO variation on v9. v4 seems to have small variations (~ 0.6% again) but fairly frequent.

I think you are right - V9 might really be battery voltage. I started systool and VBAT is reported as 3.10 (same as V9). There are only 8 voltages in systool - and no 3.06V (V8 - what we tought was battery voltage)

:confused:

I use a Maxim 6658 external thermal diode reader, via the SMBus, to monitor my CPU. Don't ask how I get it routed away from the socket. That's a multi-page document. Anyway, starting with my Neo2 Platinum (NF3) as well as the DFI NF3-D, I could no longer read my Maxim 6658. Speedfan reads it fine, but not MBM. Now, I have the NF4 Ultra-D and still can't read it with MBM. I've spent some time messing with the sensor chip selections, but to no avail. My NF2 based board worked fine with MBM and the Maxim 6658, go figure...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Hoot

Does mbm see the ite8712F chip? Does it get a cpu reading from the thermal diode from that (ite8712f) chip?

Is the maxim recognized in sysinfo?

It sees the chip, but since the diode is not connected to the chip, it reads -117. That's normal when the diode is rerouted away from the socket. I tried setting T1 for device 586 (Maxim 6657/8/9) but it reads zero. I'm assuming MBM is not reading the SMBus address $4C where the Maxim resides. This used to work when MBM used giveio.sys, which is what Speedfan still uses. Something about the new driver that came out when MBM jumped to 5xxx???

Hoot

It sees the chip, but since the diode is not connected to the chip, it reads -117. That's normal when the diode is rerouted away from the socket. I tried setting T1 for device 586 (Maxim 6657/8/9) but it reads zero. I'm assuming MBM is not reading the SMBus address $4C where the Maxim resides. This used to work when MBM used giveio.sys, which is what Speedfan still uses. Something about the new driver that came out when MBM jumped to 5xxx???

Hoot

Excuse me, You obviously have an intimate understanding of your setup I'm trying to get at least a vague understanding :)

So MBM reports detecting the ite chip in sysinfo but doesn't report detecting the maxim? If the Maxim should be seen at $4C then that should be within MBM scan range.

I'll assume you've tried renaming/disabling giveio.sys? Though to be honest I can't imagine why that would matter.

Maxim 6657/8/9 remote seems to be 587, 589 or 591

Hoot

Run settings -> system info -> sysinfo & post here

Run settings -> system info -> debug dumps -> SMB bus & post here

Can I have some more info about your monitoring setup :) ? Is the maxim part of some self built device or something else? Is it hooked to the nf4 SMBus? More questions to follow :) ...

Links updated on 1st Page.

Right above Autochthon's stuff. As always thanks to everyone for their input.

but can't find the sensor chips in my local electronics store

Did you try Crazy Carl's Croatian Computer Company in Cantundastania, Cantundastan? :D