The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

alright... first off: I TRIED SEARCHING :)

ok, so i got the mbm up and running, and SLI working, core displayed just fine... but from the couple of posts that i randomly read out of the 87 pages, is there no way to read the temps from both core on dual core processors??? like... an X2 for example?

thx :)

alrite, i just run everest as well, and it seems like the cpu temp is the value that mbm reads, not any of the 2 cores... so... mbm got no way of showing cores so far?

pic attached:

tempsyz0.th.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there no way to read the temps from both core on dual core processors??? like... an X2 for example?

Not by itself. You would have to be using another program that has shared memory capabilities and port the info into MBM using a custom sensor.

With nVidia dll, dashboard will not show video temp but does show clock. I had both once upon a time, but had to reinstall mbm due to driver not loading problem and can not seem to get it to display again. Temp does show up in the sys info and I do have "display in dash" checked. I've tried both sli and non but I am single card.

I did not search xp reg to clean on uninstall but did delete mbm folder. Read this and nVidia instruction threads, must be missing something.

sorry RedBeaver,

Praz is correct as usual. Maybe I can come up with something.

I've been using Everest Ultimate's On Screen Display when monitoring Core Temps but let me see what I can do.

@syngensmyth - Are you sure the "box" with GPU Temp is not hidden or "out of view"?

You may need to open the dashboard ALL THE WAY, and then release the padlock of the right side of the dashboard to move the "boxes" to see if another box is not covering the GPU reading up.

Since you are reading GPU clock speeds correctly it tells us that _xhp_'s NV plug-in has been started.

Make sure you have the GPU sensor (25) set to "custom" in MBM5 settings.

Check Part #7 here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...1&postcount=554

GPU Temp has been shown with 6800s, 7800s and 7900s that I have used.

Note: Remember that the GPU and GPU Env boxes in my posted DFI NF4 file are for use with ATITool (not the NV Plug-in).

everest takes a tad more resource than mbm on booting up...... and im a performanophile (if that's even a word), so i kinda prefer mbm...

the nvidia works just fine here... but yeah, too bad there's no dual-core thingies.

oh well :) i had to ask :D

ok now i just searched in this thread if theres a plugin to make mbm work with ati tray tools, but apparently i dont see it.

Is there a program like that?

because i really like ati tray tools and dont feel like running ati tool and ati tray tools at the same time.

help!

thanks

hmm, I have just upgrade to an Opty 170 and all has gone well. Today I updated my Nforce4 driver to 6.86 at which point MBM started to act up. It refuses to load with my old INI file instead hanging at 50% cpu use and forcing me to end it's process. The default INI will allow MBM to start up but as soon as I try to assign the ITE sensor outputs to a MBM sensor the temp readings go haywire. Any suggestions?

update: I rebuilt the whole file starting with a clean ini it worked fine, while updating, each applied change seemed to work. Upon reboot the problem reappeared with MBM refusing to start just hanging ay 50% usage. If I start with minimal INI then switch it to the full INI after MBM is started all readings appear fine and no hang.