The ULTIMATE MBM 5 Settings/Help Thread

soundx98

If you installed the MBMNV Driver correctly http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//MBM...r_v7_22_ALL.rar

there are only two things I can think of

1) You DID NOT install it correctly (.ini to Data and the plug-in .dll to plug-in)

2) Are you using Vista? _xhp_'s plug-in will not work in Vista.

Again feel free to e-mail if you have issues that I can't help with in thread.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz...i fixed the problem...i had placed the plugin DLL in the DLL folder, instead of the plugin folder :P .... everythings fixed now..the temps are showing....

but i have a few Q.s.

1) The core clock/mem clock is being displayed in *C..how do I change it to Mhz ?

2) Also, I tried changing the colour of their digital meters from green/black to red...but it still doesnt change...

1) You can NOT change the degree symbol.

But don't worry, you won't even notice it after a while.

2) Go down a little further under visual settings for the sensor you want to change.

Where it says colour & fornt (Arial, 14), click on the folder and change it to the color you want and then make sure you hit reply.

• 2 weeks later...
SaFrOuT - I'll contact TheCoolest again and see if he has had any time to follow up on that request.

Great hearing from you again bro.

Quazi - try this link as well for _xhp_'s nVidia plug-in http://premium1.uploadit.org/soundx98//MBM...r_v7_22_ALL.rar

leimrod - great to hear man. Sometimes it's so easy to set up it's hard to.

Re-writing the install tutorial now.

Hopefully I'll get some time to work on it over the next couple weeks..

Hi,

I have been trying to download the MBMDataFinal.rar file that you had linked to in the MBM5 tutorial. I have not had any success downloading it. Is there any way that you can help me with this?

Thanks,

Eric

Well I can e-mail it to you if you PM me with your addy.

I just went to 1st post in the thread and tried my link at www.uploadit.com and Supershank's mirror and they both downloaded just fine.

Angry_Games has offered to host the files here as DIY-street as well.

soundx98

alright i feel really bad, because i bet somebody brought it up earlier in this thread but i did the search in the thread under x64 vista and not that much came up.

anyway i'm trying to run MBM5.3.7.0 on windows vista x64, currently i'm running everest trial and it works pretty well but i'd rather have have the cool dashboard like i have on my windows xp.

i've seen soundx98's screenshot of him having it in vista.

thanks

Regarding MBM5 in Vista

sleepy_yellow - Due to an unfortunate circumstance, my post on February 12th regarding MBM5 in Vista has been "lost".

I'll try and reconstruct it now. Hope this isn't too long winded.

I am using Vista x86/x64 RC2.

I cannot afford the RTM but I will continue to use these until they expire at the end of May 2007.

A user had posted that when using MBM5 with his Vista x86 he receives a window titled "Error" - driver won't load.

You can click on the window all you want but it will display "error" until ALL processes and programs have been loaded.

I am not connected by a hard wired LAN and I am using a Belkin F5D 7050 USB dongle for my internet connection (hacked Ralink drivers).

It takes forever to load the driver and connect but as soon as it does I can click the "Error" window from MBM5 and it loads perfectly.

So I have "unchecked" start MBM5 together with Windows under "General" in MBM5 "Settings" and start the program manually after Vista x86 has completed loading.

I need MBM5 as I use it for both WebTemp and a Matrix Orbital display but in Vista you'll need to start it AFTER the OS has fully loaded.

Note that Neither ATITool or _xhp_'s nVidia Plug-in will wotrk in either version of Vista. If you are looking to monitor Vid Card temps with these programs forget it.

Vista x64 - I am sure you know that the advantage of Vista x64 is it's security.

It HATES unsigned drivers and will not allow them to load.

So most "niche" or "tweakers" programs just won't work (one of the reason's I refuse to use Vista x64 any more).

I believe you can get MBM5 to load but you MUST press F8(?) which allows loading of unsigned drivers EVERY BOOT.

Please attempt this and let us know if you are running the RTM (might be F6).

This of course defeats the security aspect of Vista x64 so I see no reason to use it instead of Vista x86.

I'm a sucker for trying ANY 64-bit OS at least once.

I've used Windows XP Pro x64 Edition for over two years and love it.

Other than benching it's my main OS and the reason I got all "nerdy" about MBM5, because Smart Guardian did not work in x64 and needed to control my fans via the Matrix Orbital.

Hope that all makes sense :D

Well I can e-mail it to you if you PM me with your addy.

I just went to 1st post in the thread and tried my link at www.uploadit.com and Supershank's mirror and they both downloaded just fine.

Angry_Games has offered to host the files here as DIY-street as well.

soundx98

Thanks! I wish it had been as simple as click and download. Perhaps it is my location here in Europe. It could be my use of proxy servers as well, but it is the only way I can watch the American TV episodes that I want. The TV network servers in the states refuse to let Europeans (I am an American ) watch the shows online unless they are smart enough to bypass the whosis IP checks. hehehe

Pretty soon they will want us to use a virtual passport online

Well anyway..MBM5 is happily running on my Win XP x64 RIG now thanks to you.

Carl.. You are the man!!