Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to put a modded freezer on a chipset

can i give on cpu zalman 9500?

This should work just fine :)

Just mounth the cooler with the fan blowing upwards, The 9500 can be configured for both horisontal and vertical airflow!

BTW.. the zalman 9500 is not the highest ranking aircooler in therms of perfomance! Consider buying a thermatake big thypoon, asetek micro or xp-90c/120 instead. The price of the 9500 is also very high

Thanks for the inspiration GXP345. I'm going to attempt to do a mod just like your previous HeatSLink coolers. Hopefully they'll come out alright. I going to get 2 socket 370 coolers and a Slot 1 heatsink (used of couse :D) just incase I screw up. This'll be fun!

Thanks for the inspiration GXP345. I'm going to attempt to do a mod just like your previous HeatSLink coolers. Hopefully they'll come out alright. I going to get 2 socket 370 coolers and a Slot 1 heatsink (used of couse :D) just incase I screw up. This'll be fun!

If they turn out any good you can sell them easy, have gotten a lot of PM`s from people that would like to buy one

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sapphire

GXP345, i followed this thread and your progress for a while and must say i'm impressed :)

I have just 1 question for you, if you can help me whith that, it would be great !

Do you have a picture with 2 nVidia cards in SLI with the modded Arctic freezer on your chipset?

I've had my mobo for a few days and already hate that stupid chipset

heatsink/fan, not to mention the position of it.

so i've been going crazy milling around work trying to find a heatsink or something I could use.

I tried AS5 instead of that crap that was on there, but it didn't drop the temp much.

So today in my pile-o-stuff, I found a bunch of old amd xp parts I had, which included a 462 socket mount from thermaltake and a vga waterblock that was

thinner than the DFI fan and cheezy heatsink together.

Well YAY :nod:

I actually did the mod and it's working sooooo good.

In the cpu, to the nf4, and out to my aquarius 3 (modded).

I'm just puttering on the net right now and it's at 30C (86F).

I'll have pictures and data to put up soon if anyone is interested.

MOD ON !

sorry about my sig(lacking), it musta been to big r something.