Tired of noisy chipset fan? DFI nF4 solution (modem warning!)

GXP345

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku...e=ZALMAN%20TECH

or

http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Merchant2/...tegory_Code=5.6

I've heard people on other forums raving about the zalman one and was wondering if anyone that's using a dfi board knows nething about it. The second one i just found while searching some websites, that one looks promising if you dont plan on running any type of SLI config......

Hi folkz!

First: Sorry for my bad english but I have not spoke english since 2 years now...

Sencond: nice work@topic starter! :)

So I hope u can help me with my little question...

I use my DFI nF4 Ultra-D about a month... now the small NB cooler kills my ears....

So I read many posts about this problem and also this thread...(yes the hole 13 pages ... ;))

So here is my problem:

I have a Sonic Tower on my A64 Venice and it is BIG ...:) (no problems till this point...) the problem comes now... I want to build a Freezer 4/64 for my NB. But now I'm scared that the Freezer doesn't fit beside the Sonic Tower.

Now my 2 questions:

1: Can anybody of u tell me exactly that it fits or doesn't fit?

2: If it doesn't fit: which alternative do I have? (VF700,...?)

information: Actually I don't use SLI but in the future I think I will buy a second GF6800GT ... (when price goes down... ;))

I hope u can help me...

cYa pl1zahd

no

but if u just use the cooler on the first page of this thread you can still use it in the top position

Unfortunately ;) I have Arctic Cooling 5 on my graphic card. That means that I can't use cooler from the first post. I like the idea about Arctic Freezer but I am waiting for it until I'll find it a bit cheaper.

I almost finished to mill my heatsink. I just have to make final check if it will fit nicely.

Hi folkz!

First: Sorry for my bad english but I have not spoke english since 2 years now...

Sencond: nice work@topic starter! :)

So I hope u can help me with my little question...

I use my DFI nF4 Ultra-D about a month... now the small NB cooler kills my ears....

So I read many posts about this problem and also this thread...(yes the hole 13 pages ... ;))

So here is my problem:

I have a Sonic Tower on my A64 Venice and it is BIG ...:) (no problems till this point...) the problem comes now... I want to build a Freezer 4/64 for my NB. But now I'm scared that the Freezer doesn't fit beside the Sonic Tower.

Now my 2 questions:

1: Can anybody of u tell me exactly that it fits or doesn't fit?

2: If it doesn't fit: which alternative do I have? (VF700,...?)

information: Actually I don't use SLI but in the future I think I will buy a second GF6800GT ... (when price goes down... ;))

I hope u can help me...

cYa pl1zahd

hey

first off your english sounds fine to me (infact it might be better than some of us native speakers, we tend to get lazy with grammar ;) )

it looks like you should be able to squeze the cooler in there, it looks like that sonic tower is actually a little skinnier than my XP 120, and it looks like the cooler would fit w/ my XP-120

but wait for someone with more experience to answer

From the look of the block I don't think it'd work. It's designed for a video card so it probably won't have the right holes for mounting. Also the tubes connect on the sides, there's likely some caps in the way of that on your motherboard, though it does look low enough that it might work in THAT aspect. Has your fan failed already? If not you could just get some arctic silver or ceramique on it, that helped mine a great deal.

I am using a Vantec Iceberq4 modified to fit on the motherboard. I just had to use the old heatsink as a template and drill new holes next to the ones that were on there and use my dremmel to trim off and grind out a portion (very small portion) on the heatsink to clear a crystal near the northbridge. Works great, I dont even breach 50c anymore load, after the AS5 has settled.