The CM Stacker case and some mods !!

I tried the link for it and it was gone!!!!!!!!!

please re-link

if the link doesn't work for you, go to the coolermaster forums, go to modding and cooling and it is one of the stickied posts at the top. Look for the i-spider.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link is still there I just looked at the mod! Very nice! BTW: I had my Stacker now for two years and loved it since day one! Great case if you like room to work in your case! :)

Lovely mod and I like how he extended it another third...the thing most be freakin huge.

I especially like the wiring through the brake cables. Nice idea. His mod on the molex and power connector are nice too.

The elbows for the watercooling setup bug me though...but I have seen them a lot on "pretty" cases, where it really isn't about performance more than looks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest navinjohnson

I've had mine for a couple months now. It's way too big for my needs right now, but eventually I'll fill it up with watercooling gear. I hide it under a desk to avoid n00bs stupid comments.

• 4 weeks later...

well..since i own a stacker and seen all yours...heres mine

102907175404wt5.jpg

i know, i really gotta remove those ugly white dvd-burners. and some way to mount 2 more 80mm fans to the front...maybe my mechano kids case will help me with that :)

repr-

Why not paint the front bezels on those drives? Except use vinyl dye rather than paint - it's better at covering plastic, dries almost instantly, and actually "soaks" into the plastic. This prevents any scratch problems in the future. (You can get it at any auto parts store, or the auto parts section of large department stores)

Why would you want to put 80MM fans in a Stacker?

repr-

Why not paint the front bezels on those drives? Except use vinyl dye rather than paint - it's better at covering plastic, dries almost instantly, and actually "soaks" into the plastic. This prevents any scratch problems in the future. (You can get it at any auto parts store, or the auto parts section of large department stores)

Why would you want to put 80MM fans in a Stacker?

the lower drive you can see on the pic was put there becouse i needed to put it somewhere...my room is a mess. so i put it in the case and didnt connect it. dont need it either anyway.

and as for the 80mm fans...i got a shitload of them in all colours, where as the 120mm fans in any colour but yellow seem to be out of stock everywhere. so i use 80mm untill i can use normal 120's. just wanna see the effect. and i loved playing with my mechano box :P it looks great (not....but still fun)

103007201401vg5.jpg

103007201416gr1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

My case needs new feet.

So where I have my stacker on my desk (no way it is going on the floor, too much dirt gets in this house, not to mention dog hair from two dogs on the floor) the back of the case sits up about two inches. In the front, the front feet are ghetto style up on two game guidebooks. Falcon 4.0 and Dark Forces II, if you are interested in what kind of reading they are doing.

So I plan to mount the radiator ( 3 x 120 ) in the bottom of the case, so to allow for enough airflow, the two game guides will have to back to my shelf. I need two feet for the front to replace the standard feet. I might be able to use two of the casters, but I would have to find them first. I am also going to check the hardware store as perhaps some furniture feet or something adjustable might be found.

Any other suggestions?

This is for the STC-T01, not the stacker 830.

woot!!!!!

STACKER MODDING TIME!

Anyway, I have finally put stuff back together after an ipic two days of cutting, hand cramping and that damn nibbler and here are some pics.

First of all, this one shows the holes cut for wire management in the mobo tray and the rad in the bottom of the case. All thumbnails clickable for full size.

thumb_case1.jpg

next, the front side. Yes the hard drives are in...well, backwards. The regular drive bay covers are not goign back on, the bays will all be covered with two sections of modders mesh, meeting at the DVD-R and the Zamlan fan controller. The mesh will cover both the fan controller and the DVD-R. A remote eject button will be installed for the DVD. that remote switch and the power/rest buttons will all be replaced with ring illuminated bulgin vandal style switches. No USB or firewire ports will be in the front of the case. Should clean it up quite a bit. But that part of the project won't be finished until next weekend at the earliest.

thumb_case4.jpg

Now for with the everything on and powered up.

thumb_case10.jpg

Now the back of the case, showing my wire mangement. This is not final, that won't happen until the water is flowing and the rest of my toys are in.

thumb_case8.jpg

That's how things are now, can't wait to go to the next step.