Nf4 Ultra chipset temps?

What are good temps for this chipset to get to? Mine seems to want to run kind of warm like 40c+ at idle and stuff. Is that normal? Went up to like 52c when I was trying to stress the CPU. Seems a tad to warm to me or can these things take a lot of heat?

also whats the difference between PWMIC and Chipset?

Thanks!

Yeah I belive angry himself said it does not void your warranty.

I just did this this morning, and the stock thermal interface material, to me, looked like yellow crayon. Moving to arctic silver 5 has not helped me any yet but it takes a little while to break in so my fingers are crossed.

I think PWMIC refers to the mosfets with the huge aluminum heatsinks on them, I think they supply voltage to your RAM. If you run them off the 5V rail instead of 3.3 (it's a jumper setting) they generate more heat so you have to watch them.

I think PWMIC refers to the mosfets with the huge aluminum heatsinks on them, I think they supply voltage to your RAM. If you run them off the 5V rail instead of 3.3 (it's a jumper setting) they generate more heat so you have to watch them.

hmm thats interesting. how hot you think they can run?

guess that means my chipset is running cooler than I though :)

What are good temps for this chipset to get to? Mine seems to want to run kind of warm like 40c+ at idle and stuff. Is that normal? Went up to like 52c when I was trying to stress the CPU. Seems a tad to warm to me or can these things take a lot of heat?

also whats the difference between PWMIC and Chipset?

Thanks!

Go into bios setup and set the chipset fan to go to full speed when over 25C. The default

setting is chipset fan to full speed above 55C which does let the chipset warm up.

Viper

one thing that has me in a tizzy, is I cannot fix any other chipset sink on this thing. I tried a copper vantec iceburg4 I had used on a 9700pro, and it won't fit. Thing fit on my K8NSpro though. I then tried a crystal orb which also did not fit, plus it was to tall. The problem is the holes are to close for any of these to fit. It's driving me nuts as at load this chipset is breaking 50°c. I put ceramique on, but I did that even before I started the board for the first time, so not sure if it helped.

Why are the holes on this board smaller than others? Any ideas if anyone will make a chipset cooler for the NF4?