Can´t get pass 200FSB with official Bios

carlo75

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlo75...okay, here we go.

A friend of me also bought the geil ultra value ram to use on his lp-b. But, the case is, that this ram doesn't work that well on this mobo. On exact the same mobo i tested my mushkin bh-5 and went straight upto 250/255. I tested his geil value ram on my mobo, which is as you can see from my sig, also a lp-b, and got the exact same probs. Overclocking was a hell with this type of ram. Seemed that this particular ram isn't that compatible with the lp-b. Maybe Angry can confirm this?

What he did was he returned that ram back to the store, got money back and bought other ram that overclocks like a glance. Problem solved.

Well you could always try giving it more voltage. I don't know what chips are in that RAM but 2.8 is pretty tame. If you're not worried about voiding your warranty crank up the juice a little. It's unlikely they are CH-5 like mine but if they are the voltage increases don't help until you get over 3.1 or 3.2V.

Keep in mind your RAM warranty will be void, and I guess there is the possibility of frying it.

I guess it's also possible that your CPU is the limiting factor, depending on how it's set up. What is the current CPU voltage and multiplier?

Well you could always try giving it more voltage. I don't know what chips are in that RAM but 2.8 is pretty tame. If you're not worried about voiding your warranty crank up the juice a little. It's unlikely they are CH-5 like mine but if they are the voltage increases don't help until you get over 3.1 or 3.2V.

Keep in mind your RAM warranty will be void, and I guess there is the possibility of frying it.

I guess it's also possible that your CPU is the limiting factor, depending on how it's set up. What is the current CPU voltage and multiplier?

If the supported motherboard issue is real; would it be fine to keep the ram since I´ve been upgrading to socket 939?? I live in south america, and sending the ram to Geil for refund would be very expensive, since postal services to the united states form my country are expensive... near half the value of the ram.

Working on My new Motto, best speed /performance/temperature, CPU settings are Multiplier 11.5 FSB 200 1.5volts I get 2300mhz; voltage seems low, but works perfectly on every stability program, have tested at this speed and settings to OC the ram, and tried the last settings which where FSB 200 multiplier 12.5 at 1.7V...

I don´t want to void warranty because of high voltages...I´ve seen this ram on newegg that supports 2.95V but in other pages i´ve seen 2.55V and max of 2.65V

I´ve posted on Geil´s forum but no real answer...

If the supported motherboard issue is real; would it be fine to keep the ram since I´ve been upgrading to socket 939?? I live in south america, and sending the ram to Geil for refund would be very expensive, since postal services to the united states form my country are expensive... near half the value of the ram.

Socket 939 I'd imagine shouldnt have any problems. :)

then again, BSOD, replacing your memory, if you burn it out, is not quite so expensive and troublesome as it is for carlo.

regarding the CPU, though. when you say that it is stable in "everything" have you tried prime95? running it for about 12 hours? if so, great. good performance, and rock solid stability. if no, you might wnat to try it, and adjust your settings until the system can do it.

for myself, limited to 200 FSB as i seem to be, i find that i get best memory bandwidth with a multi of 12.

12.5 and 13 multiplier actually reduce my memory bandwith readings. as low as eleven also reduces my bandwidth.

i suggest that you try foe 12x200, with the tightest memory timings that you can get stable, if you really don't think that you can get teh FSB any higher.

me, i'm still trying to work my FSB higher on weekends, but no good so far.

:-(

then again, BSOD, replacing your memory, if you burn it out, is not quite so expensive and troublesome as it is for carlo.

regarding the CPU, though. when you say that it is stable in "everything" have you tried prime95? running it for about 12 hours? if so, great. good performance, and rock solid stability. if no, you might wnat to try it, and adjust your settings until the system can do it.

for myself, limited to 200 FSB as i seem to be, i find that i get best memory bandwidth with a multi of 12.

12.5 and 13 multiplier actually reduce my memory bandwith readings. as low as eleven also reduces my bandwidth.

i suggest that you try foe 12x200, with the tightest memory timings that you can get stable, if you really don't think that you can get teh FSB any higher.

me, i'm still trying to work my FSB higher on weekends, but no good so far.

:-(

I have ran prime for about 15 hours, played more tahn 5 hours, and I´m helping prime network to find primer numbres...I think is rock stable ...

I will "migrate" soon to socket 939 now, I will be selling my DFI, XP Mobile, and my radeon 9500pro here in my country...I will be getting my hands on a A64 Winchester 3000+ which as I have read it can be overclocked to 2.4 on stock heatsink...My homemade Watercooling will help me get over it, if I can...

Thanks

I have ran prime for about 15 hours, played more tahn 5 hours, and I´m helping prime network to find primer numbres...I think is rock stable ...

I will "migrate" soon to socket 939 now, I will be selling my DFI, XP Mobile, and my radeon 9500pro here in my country...I will be getting my hands on a A64 Winchester 3000+ which as I have read it can be overclocked to 2.4 on stock heatsink...My homemade Watercooling will help me get over it, if I can...

Thanks

Running prime95 to find prime numbers and prime95 stress tests are very different!!

the stress test CHECKS the results with known results.

The regular priming is making new numbers!! dont use that for stability!! 1.) your cpu may return a bad result! 2.) its not nearly as much of a stress on the CPU as the torture test is!