Connecting to internet on Ut 250gb (754)

wow thanks for all the replies guys, im gona go try all the suggestions out and post back. To unistall the chipset drivers i an just to that through unistall programs correct? Or do i need to reformat?

yeah: add/remove programs under control panel. Choose nvidia drivers. Another screen will come up and you can pick and choose what you want to remove. Shut down, boot into safe mode and use DRIVE CLEANER to remove any leftovers. Then restart and install new.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah: add/remove programs under control panel. Choose nvidia drivers. Another screen will come up and you can pick and choose what you want to remove. Shut down, boot into safe mode and use DRIVE CLEANER to remove any leftovers. Then restart and install new.

Ok, i did what you said and im still having the same problem. I did however this time try installing the nvidia firewall manager just to see if that would do anything. And i noticed that on the nvidia firewall manager it says that i am recieving packets, but on the windows one is says i am not recieving them. On both, packets are being sent though. What do you guys think?

And also i am sorry for such a long wait for my next responce my parents went on vacation so i had to stay at a friends house.

Hey There,

Did you go to network connections in windows and right click your connection and go under advanced to make sure the firewall was off? I can't even use the onboard lan because the integrated hardware firewall on the board won't allow me to access novell messenger even when I have the firewall off in software, So I had to just install a sperate lan card, I used a intel pro 10/100 and no probs. You have a spare network card laying around to try in it?

FryMAN

Hey There,

Did you go to network connections in windows and right click your connection and go under advanced to make sure the firewall was off? I can't even use the onboard lan because the integrated hardware firewall on the board won't allow me to access novell messenger even when I have the firewall off in software, So I had to just install a sperate lan card, I used a intel pro 10/100 and no probs. You have a spare network card laying around to try in it?

FryMAN

Yea i made sure it was off. I don't have a spare ethernet card, but i did try a wireless adapter for my network and that worked fine :(. This is the most confusing issue i have ever had with a computer.

Yea i made sure it was off. I don't have a spare ethernet card, but i did try a wireless adapter for my network and that worked fine :(. This is the most confusing issue i have ever had with a computer.

Have you tried what worked for me?

go to command prompt, type ipconfig /all

post what you get there here, and lets see if you have the same . as i had

Have you tried what worked for me?

go to command prompt, type ipconfig /all

post what you get there here, and lets see if you have the same . as i had

Ok ill have that for you tommorow. I did check out my ip config a while ago and it seemed that it recieved everything which i thought was very weird.

Ok here you go guys. I really hope this helps because i am totally clueless on how to get my internet working!

ipproblems4ve.png

uhm, you have internet from what i can see there, you got correct ip, and even the hostname from your serviceprovider..

or am i mistaken here now?

uhm, you have internet from what i can see there, you got correct ip, and even the hostname from your serviceprovider..

or am i mistaken here now?

THats exactly my problem! I have internet coming in but the comp just rejects it or something! I can pick up everything but no internet applications work at all, packets are sending but not recieving. Maybe its a windows problem and i need to reformat?

THats exactly my problem! I have internet coming in but the comp just rejects it or something! I can pick up everything but no internet applications work at all, packets are sending but not recieving. Maybe its a windows problem and i need to reformat?

hmm, do you have a router between here?

Seems like you have a NAT ip-address, but not a NAT dns-server

maybe you should try to manually enter the ip of the gateway as the dns-server, and the rest of the info as you have posted here. See if that does the trick

like this

Ip-address: 192.168.1.103

subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.1.1

primary dns: 192.168.1.1