Connecting to internet on Ut 250gb (754)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by DFI STUDENT

I guess you have the nvidia lan enabled in bios, right? I was having issues, thinking drivers not installed etc. I checked the bios closely....:shake:

Yea thats how i got it to the point where if sends packets, but doesn't recieve them :(.

Originally posted by Backspace

Yea thats how i got it to the point where if sends packets, but doesn't recieve them :(.

You should be able to connect to the cable modem via internet explorer. The address should be something like: http:192.168.100.1 or you should be able to "ping" the cable modem.

Go to start, run, then type "CMD" this will open an msdos window.

at the command prompt, type: ping 192.168.100.1. (or whatever the ip address of your cable modem is.)

You should receive a reply if properly connected.

Let us know.

Originally posted by cpuz

You should be able to connect to the cable modem via internet explorer. The address should be something like: http:192.168.100.1 or you should be able to "ping" the cable modem.

Go to start, run, then type "CMD" this will open an msdos window.

at the command prompt, type: ping 192.168.100.1. (or whatever the ip address of your cable modem is.)

You should receive a reply if properly connected.

Let us know.

Ok ill go do that, thanks for the reply.

Originally posted by Backspace

Most likely a firewall issue i'm thinking. Check the activity monitor of the nvFirewall - you should be able to see if it's flat out not getting any packets, or if it's simply rejecting them.

I turned the firewall off actually. Too much crap to config for now :P

hmm, im having the same trouble as he.. i can get it to connect and stuff, but it wont take an IP from my router.. maybe because i have some invalid macaddress?

when i take ipconfig /all in command prompt i get this:

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration IP Address. . . : 169.254.64.242

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.0.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

When i use a old ADSL modem and connect it with rasppoe i get the thing i pasted above and then this:

PPP adapter Connection to ti122110a081:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : WAN (PPP/SLIP) Interface

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-53-45-00-00-00

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 85.166.92.91

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 85.166.92.91

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 130.67.15.198

NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

This is how im connected to the internet now.. seems like the ethernet controller works fine and stuff, but i just cant get it to take IP from my router.. and i know my router is ok, because this happened yesterday when i took "load fail safe" in bios, i think i messed up things when i hit enter to write macaddress, and then it said i had not entered one (i was supposed to hit the enable ethernet controller) but i hit the wrong one :/

anyone got a solution for this?

yeah and another thing i tried was to set static ip with the same ip and gateway i had before.. but i still didnt recieve any packets from the router.. so this is a bigtime screw-up :rolleyes:

This is how im connected to the internet now.. seems like the ethernet controller works fine and stuff, but i just cant get it to take IP from my router.. and i know my router is ok, because this happened yesterday when i took "load fail safe" in bios, i think i messed up things when i hit enter to write macaddress,

I dont get you on this mate, how did things mess up exactly? I dont use the ethernet port yet although I plan to in the future so havent looked in the bios much for this.

The fact windows cmd prompt is returning your Physical address is FF..etc that the mac address hasnt been succesfully filled in by the looks. Also the Default gateway which I think is the IP of the machine/router the host machine is getting access to the net from is blank, meaning such a connection does not exist?

So I think its probably a bios setting, have you loaded the Nvidea Firewall manager with the latest Nforce drivers aswell?

Sorry I couldnt be more help but from the detailed post you gave that what it looks like.

Originally posted by Mekrel

I dont get you on this mate, how did things mess up exactly? I dont use the ethernet port yet although I plan to in the future so havent looked in the bios much for this.

The fact windows cmd prompt is returning your Physical address is FF..etc that the mac address hasnt been succesfully filled in by the looks. Also the Default gateway which I think is the IP of the machine/router the host machine is getting access to the net from is blank, meaning such a connection does not exist?

So I think its probably a bios setting, have you loaded the Nvidea Firewall manager with the latest Nforce drivers aswell?

Sorry I couldnt be more help but from the detailed post you gave that what it looks like.

I havent loaded the Firewall manager, because i dont want it.. i have a router that is configured for DHCP, and yes it looks like it doesnt got a mac-address, thats why i asked if anyone knew if it is only to fill in the original mac-address from the sticker that people say here, i havent checked if it is a sticker on the AGP-port yet, but i will do that tomorrow. Since i have internet atm it is no rush.. im just curios to find out how a "load fail-safe" in bios can mess up this settings? or if i did that myself when i accidentally managed to press into the "enter mac address" setting in the bios?

Well I entered the macaddress when i first got the board but i used my usb modem in the end.

And that was ontop of fail safe, I loaded optimised and the mac address disappeared. Remember the bios is generic on all boards, and thats the reason why you have a sticker on the AGP port to enter it yourself. Pressing enter and not entering would fill it in blank i would believe, so does explain alot.

Originally posted by Mekrel

Well I entered the macaddress when i first got the board but i used my usb modem in the end.

And that was ontop of fail safe, I loaded optimised and the mac address disappeared. Remember the bios is generic on all boards, and thats the reason why you have a sticker on the AGP port to enter it yourself. Pressing enter and not entering would fill it in blank i would believe, so does explain alot.

Ah i see, ok.. then i will try that tomorrow

Thanks for the help.. i didnt know there was a sticker there until i read it here on the forums.

Weird, cause i've loaded fail-safe before.. and there was still no problem getting online with the old setup.. ahwell, DFI mobo's are weird.. so you never know :nod: