Connecting to internet on Ut 250gb (754)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THats exactly my problem! I have internet coming in but the comp just rejects it or something! I can pick up everything but no internet applications work at all, packets are sending but not recieving. Maybe its a windows problem and i need to reformat?

Use the link below to possibly resolve your problem. I believe it works for what you are seeing.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259

this is gona sound really noobish, but how do i manually enter that?

Start -> Control Panel -> Network Connections -> Right click local area connection, properties, go find tcp/ip, mark it and then press properties. Check the radiobox "manually enter ip-address" and then fill in the info i posted above :)

Jollie i'm really sorry, things have been really hectic. When i get to my house tommorow the first thing im doing is finding out if it works, thanks again for all your advice.

That's ok :) Im just curious if thats the problem or not :confused:

Let me know when you have the time

you said it. service pack 2 it sets up it's own firewall. disable it in your control panel.

I did and thats why i am so confused!

Ok basically this is what happened. I reformatted, after that i installed the chipset drivers. The internet was weird but after i ran the connection wizard i got it working. After that i installed service pack 2, ati video drivers, aim, and firefox. Then i did a restart, now my internet doesn't work and i have the same problem where it sends packets but i do not recieve them. I went to the connection and disabled the firewall , still it doesn't work :(.