hard drives & raid - benchmark and compare!

Angry_Games

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some numbers from my Abit IN9 32X-MAX. Read caching and command queuing disabled. 32k stripe X 4k cluster.

8M = 563 Burst and 177 read

hdtach8mbu7.th.jpg

32M = 584 Burst and 195 read

hdtach32mga6.th.jpg

Not too shabby :D

Killer numbers OldGuy! :eek2:

Yup...she's pretty snappy. More placebo than anything but I do like seeing them big ol' numbers. Actually very very poor results with command queuing and read cache enabled.

Is it big difference in real life or is this just benchmark numbers?

Is it big difference in real life or is this just benchmark numbers?

Honestly couldn't say without running one way a few days (and actually using it instead of just benching with it) and trying it the other for a few days. I suspect I'd "feel" very little difference though...

I certainly don't need to run all four but they are matched and what the heck ya know? Might as well go for the gusto :eek2:

Honestly couldn't say without running one way a few days (and actually using it instead of just benching with it) and trying it the other for a few days. I suspect I'd "feel" very little difference though...

I certainly don't need to run all four but they are matched and what the heck ya know? Might as well go for the gusto :eek2:

He He! Agree! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yup...she's pretty snappy. More placebo than anything but I do like seeing them big ol' numbers. Actually very very poor results with command queuing and read cache enabled.

I read your posts, but I thought you were supposed to 'double' the stripe size to 64k since 32k is for 2 drives (per that other linked post above)?

Just want to know in case I ever do 'da nasty'!

I read your posts, but I thought you were supposed to 'double' the stripe size to 64k since 32k is for 2 drives (per that other linked post above)?

Just want to know in case I ever do 'da nasty'!

No "one" set way to go about it...I tried a 64k stripe first. It wasn't a slouch but the 32k stripe rips.

These four drives on my Infinity right now do 497 burst, 174 read on 8m test and 501 burst, 184 read on 32m test...

Anyway you just need to test to find what's best...

Nice I want to buy a 320GB Hard Disk instead of this 160GB.I will make a test.

Edit: I tested with that ATTO Tool.I noticed that my read is higher.And the write isn't that good.What do I have to set in windows yo get it optimized?