Memory Timings..Quick Question!!

Fryrice

Ok I have a 3400 Clawhammer

Gigibyte 6800 GT

2 x 512 Corsair XMS 3200C2 @ 11 x 220=2420mhz

Memory setting at 2-2-2-5 2.9v (stable most of time)

Also I have it on 1T

My system is stable but sometimes in games it boots me to desktop saying memory error. I have tried 3.0v and 3.1v but that makes my system more unstable. What can I do?? If I go 2-2-2-7 or 2-2-2-10, would it help?!?!?! I really want to keep my memory settings as tight as possible, as I know I can...just 95% of time..any suggestions or advice??

Ok I keep getting booted to desktop playing WC3(didnt happen b4 my OC). The message says its a memory error. Here is my question:

Is it because my memory settings are too tight?? (2-2-2-5) on 3.0v) is it because I need to crank the volts higher?? BTW: I have tried 3.1v(max on my NF3 DFI) and same problems. I have Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2 COR RT (2 x 512) I have also dropped the TRAS from 5 to 6,7,8..still same probs. Please advise!!!?!?

what rev is it? if it's 2.2 or 1.2 then it's like mine and ch-5 ram. people around these and other forums seem to be in agreement that you need to go over the 3.1v level to really see anything from these sticks. you can get the 10/15 beta bios here that allows up to 4v on the dimm selectable. that's what i'm using now. try the timings 2-3-2-5(or 6). i can't go any higher my self than 3.1v cause of my current psu but have an adjustable coming soon for some 3.5-3.6v loving.

Omga14...how do you know what type of ram I have, how do I what rev???? Please tell me how to do it physically?? I have an Antec true power 480...is that good enough to take it above 3.1v?? And how far CAN I take it?? Up to 4.1v?? Thank you

Man you might as well cool off as 30mins is no time to be bumping a post.

Instead of staring at whether someone has answered your post> getting on google and sorting 'what' memory you personally own and how it effects things would be way more educational than bumping threads for someone to spoon feed information. Read, learn, study and learn are the keys to overclocking and running out of specifications; success.

RGone...