How to remove OVP on 250UT?

M4d-K10wN

Well, the thing is, it shuts itself down if your vdimm is anything over 3.6V. But I want more. So..., are there any guides on how to do it?

I could do it without a guide, though. Alternatively, could you find out where the vdimm gets detected (it goes into one of those Winbond sensor chips, so basicly, I need to know which chip and which leg, then i'll cut it (or the trace) and wire something that runs within spec, so that the OVP keeps thinking everything is allright.)

Im not posivitve, but If you have the 4.0v bios you should be able to run above 3.6vdimm without hard mods.

But the caviat is your psu must have rails around .2 higher than your intended voltage setting.

For above 3.6vdimm your 3.3v rail needs to run higher.

I think 3.8vdimm is workable, but I may be wrong.

good luck any way.

Alot of people I've seen that need more than 3.6v have used a booster and then dialed it up on the fly. This probably isn't an option for you. If you do some research you should be able to find out which pin on the board measures the voltage on the vDIMM. You could ask ViperJohn, he knows quite a bit, or head over to VR-Zone and ask Shamino if he knows how to do it, if you can supply him with pics of the front and back of the board.

No, DDR booster is not an option - I need more than one bank of memory left lol. Booting up, and then adjusting vdimm isn't an option either - how will it boot with low vidmm? Yeah. That's besides the point that there's no way to adjust it once you're past the BIOS.

• 2 months later...