Confused by HTT? LDT? FSB? A64??? READ THIS!

Speedpc

The way I understand it the X.5 multis are kind of artificial in that it will instead use the next multi up and drops the memory speed to give the same resulting overall CPU speed. I believe this is an oddity of the NF3 design.

yep...use the search button and look for thread that deals with half multis that was pretty big ;)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I dont really understand how Sandra came up with 1616 HTT.

Can someone tell me how:

224x11.5 with HTT 4 equals 1616?

Seems that even if I set it to:

215x11.5 with HTT 4 it still reports 1616.

• 2 weeks later...

Get off that half multiplier and it usually quits that strangeness. Either that or sit down and look at the architecture and get a calculator out and do the math. It is not simple to explain.

RGone...

Great guide! I understand but have one question. My A64 will run with rock solid stability at both the following set ups;

11 x 236HTT (4x) = 2.6Ghz (memory 2.5-2-2-5 T1)

10 x 250HTT (4x) = 2.5Ghz (memory 2.5-3-3-6 T1)

Faster overall speed vs faster FSB. Which will give give better performance for HL2, Far Cry etc as benchmarks I have run give conflicting results.

Cheers,

Darren

@ 2.6GHz you've got pretty tight timings compared to what you run with a 250HTT.

I'd stick with the Higher clock speed but Tighter memory timings; In the real world you'll probably notice the speed more :)

My board won't even load windows if I leave the LDT/FSB multi on 'auto' or put it on '4x' at my 240 FSB overclock.

At '3x' (1440 HTT) it's as stable as a rock, though and to be honest I don't notice any difference on the benchmarks at 1440 HTT and the stock 1600 HTT.

This guide was of great help in understanding HTT settings and how they affect overclocking. Great post.

11 x 236HTT (4x) = 2.6Ghz (memory 2.5-2-2-5 T1)

10 x 250HTT (4x) = 2.5Ghz (memory 2.5-3-3-6 T1)

2-2 timings will always be better @ same speeds (and generally better at lower speed 2-2- timings than higher speed 3-3- timings).

CAS3-2-2 is better than CAS2-3-3 :)