My puter will not boot. Need help

ZTaylor

I re-installed windows this morning and all my software. Then began the task of overclocking. I've had this rig clocked at 234x11 prior to this mornings re-install.

I got up to 210x12 with 1.75v to cpu and 3.2 to the ram. Then I tried 220x11.5 at the same volts.

Now the thing will not boot.

I tried clearing the cmos twice following angry's instructions. I have bios savior. I tried that twice, but Im honestly not sure how it works.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to d

did you use tweaked settings on your former OS installation? Did you do a bios upgrade or with the same bios and which one is that.

What settings did you use when you ran 11x234. Did you change those settings before you begain your new installation?

Im using the same bios as before. I didnt flash or anything. Its the official 6/19 bios.

I did tweak the bios before to overclock (just what angry did on his site . http://www.angrygames.com/LP875B_bios1.htm) Reset to optimum defaults before re-installing this morning.

I did do a few os tweaks from blackviper but nothing any different than in the past.

Did you flash the rd-1 chip on the bios savior with a copy of the bios you want to use, if not, the bios savior is usless. I would find somone in your area to hotflash both your bios chip and your bios savior to a current bios. Any motherboard with a 4mb pcll chip will work for the hotflash.

Once your computer is booted and in windows (on the savior chip), use winflash, hit backup current bios, use a small file name. close winflash. flip the switch to select your dead orginal chip, use the file you just generated to flash the orig chip, dont restart when promted. Turn off your computer, clear cmos on each chip, make sure you can boot off each. Use the original and set everything the way you want it. If it ever happens again you will have to re-flash the orginal again.

Oh man that worked.

Thanks so much. I thought that my bios chip may have been screwed up.

One problem though. When the puter boots up, and it did this on the bs chip. It says "cmos checksum error - degaults loaded"

Press f1 to continue, del to enter setup.

What does that mean?:)