help my ultra-al to reach 260 fsb

R*r

Ok, one thing:

Hellfire released his new BIOSes. Then a few posts later someone asked

Hellfire... any chance you'd mod the LP B version too??

Hellfire answered:

Yea, I'm actually working on it right now.

Does ist mean, that the released LP-BIOSes are for LP A/A+?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@snake2k

if i take a good look of your pic...the layout seems tobe similar to my ultra-al.he u havent found any improvement....just try a little bit more....more voltage...more courage :D

@Angry_Games

i already tried infinity/lanparty re:B bios but...seems to be VERY not stable....eventhough i still manage to boot :) i try the oficial bios only...

Originally posted by snake2k

Ok, one thing:

Hellfire released his new BIOSes. Then a few posts later someone asked

Hellfire answered:

Does ist mean, that the released LP-BIOSes are for LP A/A+?

I'm assuming he started by modding the Infinity BIOS (since that's what is listed in his sig) and was then working on the LP-B for other people.

The Infinity and LP-B are quited similar... "sisters". The LP-A is different... "second cousin'. --- As Rgone would say.

Yes, you're right. :)

Awdflash gave me an "Part id is wrong" error (s.t. like this) and I don't wanted to force it, because I was not sure, if it works. I have NO BIOS-saviour.

Can I use another CHIP to flash a working BIOS on it and use it after an accident (;))? Target would be an old BIOS-Chip from Abit NF7 Rev. 1.1.

You can flash the Ultra Infinity with the LP-B BIOS and it'll work, and you can flash back to the Ultra Infinity BIOS and it will take as well. I know this for a fact. As the boards are very similar, it makes sense actually.

I take it though, that this is a bad idea? Can any stability or overclocking performance be gained from trying to run the Ultra Infinity with the LP-B BIOS, or does it just bugger up your motherboard?

Originally posted by lordbane

You can flash the Ultra Infinity with the LP-B BIOS and it'll work, and you can flash back to the Ultra Infinity BIOS and it will take as well. I know this for a fact. As the boards are very similar, it makes sense actually.

I take it though, that this is a bad idea? Can any stability or overclocking performance be gained from trying to run the Ultra Infinity with the LP-B BIOS, or does it just bugger up your motherboard?

But I want to flash one of the hellfire BIOS and I own a NFII Ultra-AL with a flashed LanParty-A-BIOS. ;)

I want to do this because of a few optimizations, that would make my board a bit faster. :)

@lordbane

as i said before, i already trief the LP-B and infinity bios on ultra-al but it gain almost nothing...no improment but more instability...but i only use the oficial one...i dont know about beta/alpha one....

do u guys think south bridge vmod would gain anything...?just wondering....couse it was the las thing that i havent mod yet....

but still i need better bios...so anyone?

the LPA and Ultra-AL are same PCB, BIOS, voltages essentially (missing the second LAN and IDE RAID among other things)

the INF and LPB are same PCB, BIOS, voltages (INF missing gigalan)

edit: you could call the Ultra-AL the first 'Infinity' except that it only has an MCP, not an MCP-T

[bimg]http://www.angrygames.com/Ultra-AL/06_ultra-al.jpg[/bimg]

36_ultra-al.jpg

38_ultra-al.jpg

http://www.angrygames.com/ultra-al.htm