help my ultra-al to reach 260 fsb

R*r

hi all its my first time post :shake:

my setup were

sempron 2200+ at 250*9 1,7v

bh5 250 at 2-2-2-11 3,3v

dfi ultra-al :) moded vdd & vdimm :nod:

ti4200 320/688

first of all i use lanparty rev:a bios,it was on dfi street 7/9/03 Anandtech Performance

this was my setup at 250,and i believe it was stable :D

vcore 1,7 vdimm 3,3 vdd 1,9v

http://img10.exs.cx/img10/6822/10035.jpg

3DMARK01 15204

until i want more fsb....when i set the fst until 256 the total clock gone wild

1204.jpg

i dont know what happend?but all above 255 were no post in windows....i thought it was my mem but i allready set it until 3,6 and vcore 1,9v

so i decided to mod my vdd....until i could reach 2,1v but still i cant get my total clock right :(

but there a little change....before mod the max was 1,9v and i never post to bios,but now :nod: eventhough i still cant get the right clock....

so what do u guys think?

o ya before i use the LP bios i use latest bios form dfi,so it will recognize my sempron.....and the max were 233....

any other bios that i should try?

thakyou

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello R*r.

You have a NF II Ultra-AL and you flashed a LanParty Rev. A Bios? Is it working good? What are the advantages? Could you contact me? If you have some time, you could help me, if you want.

My ICQ-Number is saved in my profile.

Many thanks and sorry for Off-topic.

I have a Rev_A-Board.

@CrimeDog

at the link u gave me they said lanparty rev 1 , rev 2, whats the meaning of it?is it lanparty rev A or other?please explain...:)

with clockgen i still dont get stable above 257?i meant stable to run super pi not prime ofcourse...even when i set it 255 in bios,with every combination of voltage i wont able to run prime :( not even 1 iteration....:(

if i set the mem (3,6v) vdd (2,1v) vcore (1,8) i wont be able to run super pi...so high voltage wasnt the solution....

@snake2k

yes it is working good...if i use the original (latest oficial bios) i only get 233 stable....but with this bios

http://www.dfi-street.com/bios/AMD/lp-a/6A61BD49.RC2

i could reach 250 stable ( like i said in my pref post)

maybe we could talk just here,so other that using ultra-al board could have the advantage :D my board also rev A

2300.th.jpg

Yes. I'm VERY sure. ;)

I'll take a photo, but I have only a camera in my mobile phone. Wait a moment.

By the way: I successfully flashed my Board. But there is no difference at performance so far. I'll keep on testing...

Well, here are the pictures. Sorry for that bad quality; that camera isn't that good for such photos. :P

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Hm. Which other DFI-Board has a red PCB, too? Now I'm confused a bit...

EDIT: The Infinity has a red PCB. But my board looks like a "normal" (?) Ultra-AL, not like the Infinity.

Originally posted by snake2k

No performance-improvements yet. Tomorrow I'll try one of the Hellfire BIOSes. A few users are using the 7/18 BIOS with the LanParty A/A+. This is good for us, because we can use this BIOS, I think.

The 7/18 BIOS is one of the 'official' BIOSes for the LanParty A. I haven't really been following the Hellfire BIOSes... but I don't think any of them are for LP-A's and I'd be surprised if they worked okay since the A's and B's are quite a bit different.

Just make sure you've got a back up plan if you decide to try one out.

Originally posted by Angry_Games

are you sure that your board is an Ultra-AL? all of the Ultra-AL boards I have had my hands on were brown PCB, only the Infinity line of boards were red pcb...

I'm sure, yes. I'll try to get a real digital camera, so that I can take a photo of it.

@ king of nothing:

Hmm... Yes, now I see it. So, which mod. BIOS/normal BIOS to choose for my Board? I'll search at google and at the forum for that.