Hellfire's 6/19 Bios With 12/18 ROMSIP

Guest Hellfire_merged

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today is my Birthday..

So Hopefully and Finally u will reply to all my posts Requesting a 1/31 Romsip new Revision of your Bios..

So what do you say about this Hellfire

Originally posted by Hellfire

This ain't a regular 1/21 romsip, its a modified one, did quite a lot of testing over a week changing values in it to max stability. Rev 4 will also be a modified 1/21 romsip but probably more heavily modified. ;)

Hellfire

:) ...Happy Birthday!:D

Now all that aside here is a clue to the real world and bios programmers and their labor they give> for FREE. When you do not see them replying to a request that you make repeatedly and repeateldly to the point of almost being a pain> it means they have neither the interest nor the time to deal with a bios request.

They do this stuff for free in an effort to 'tweak' their "own" board and if any of the rest of us get a 'kick' out of it then that is a bonus.

I have seen a number of bios tweakers that work for FREE, become so dis-enchanted by the constant clamor for something they have no time nor interest in > that they quit altogether. That results in no more bios mods period.

Now "hellfire" is way out into uncharted bios tweaking. He is tweaking the entire romsip 'away' from stock and as such may very well cross a "place" that is very much the better for your board that you *think* likes the 1/31 bios so well. If you have adequete bios safety provisions> then you need to be flashing out there with him based on what he says he is trying to mod the bios to 'do better' and you may well find your nirvana.

I say this because I do not want 'hellfire' to go the way so many other 'free services' people go when just harangued to death in an area that has no joy for them.

Sincerely, RGone...

I used to favour 1/31's cos those were the only ones which were stable for GeIL Blue 512Mb (Double-sided), but now since I've used Kingston's D43 RAM's, I've managed to get 2.5/3/311 on a piece of double-sided DIMM's and at 250Mhz, using just the 3EG Rev #3 BIOS. So I'm impressed to say the least on what you have done Hellfire. When I used to use the official 1/21 not too long ago, timings had to be so slack to reach high FSB's, it negated the purpose of overclocking. But thanks to this, I'm getting really good results. and this from a processor that's barely a week old. Great job Hellfire, and a pat on ur back. Will wait for ur next work :)

Originally posted by litahime

Well after 2 weeks of running or whatever i've had to switch back to rev 2. I've gotten numerous blue screens with rev 3 and i recieved none with rev 2. Though i did have a warm boot after changing bios settings.

Could you please specify which BSODs exactly, i.e. STOP 8E(PAGE_FAULT IN...) or blabla

Periodically I have cold/warm boot issue after few hours in burn-in in closed case. But it seems to be a thermal protection in SC2616 or somethere else.