Chomeric's free Thermal Tape for real!!! kinda off-topic

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I requested one a long time ago.. never got one.. maybe putting a company name helps? a lot? LOL!

If they dont ship thanks to a company, then thats pretty gehy.... I actually need some of this stuff and if its any good I would buy some.....

Well mine arrived this morning. Also got a strip on T404 from a UK supplier.

Was jsut wondering, whats going to be best for attatching sinks to mosfets? Have a square of 414 and a square of 412, and this strip of T404. I understand the 412 is the best thermally, but the other 2 dont conduct. Is there any risk of shorting when using the 412 tape?

This stuff doesnt have a massive amount of "stick" seems easily removable tbh... (testing on a heat lamp atm) would fitting from cold help at all? This is will all of the tape tested..... is this gonna be safe to use on a mobo :S?

It is safe to use on a mobo. I sent some to Dreiu and some to SoundX98 and they didn't have any problems that I know of. The whole purpose of thermal tape is to hold it in place BUT BE EASILY REMOVABLE. If you look at the specs on Chomerics website is has a shear strength of something like 50psi. It's not gonna fall off as long as you have everything cleaned properly before applying it.

I got mine yesterday, since my rig is down I'm gonna sink a load of stuff. I done my RAM chips with T414 and the memory 'sinks of my Ti500 (Nice blue colour) and I got some more RAM 'sinks from my other Ti500 so I'm gonna use them on the mosfets.

This stuff is pretty dang cool for being free :)

Originally posted by elts_drac

It is safe to use on a mobo. I sent some to Dreiu and some to SoundX98 and they didn't have any problems that I know of. The whole purpose of thermal tape is to hold it in place BUT BE EASILY REMOVABLE. If you look at the specs on Chomerics website is has a shear strength of something like 50psi. It's not gonna fall off as long as you have everything cleaned properly before applying it.

Ok thanks very much, will get all me sinks cleaned and ready for some grand sinkage laters, once I'm done with the heat transfer testing :D