What Kind Of Bow Is This?

hardnrg

I have utterly no clue what you guys are talking about...however...I will post a random comment. It's a little trick one of my archery buddies taught me.

If you have large forearms or you just are in the habit of hitting your arm with the string (and don't wear a bracer or whatever they're called) you can try this.

I hold the bow with my left hand, so I'll describe it like that.

Stick your left arm straight out. Hand extended as well. Position your hand such that your palm is vertical, with your fingers extended straight ahead of you. If I'm confusing you, stick your hand out. Give a thumbs up, and then extend your fingers.

Now, rotate your hand clockwise, 180 degrees. Note the position of your arm.

Now, carefully, rotate your hand and wrist (only!) back counterclockwise 180 degrees.

Weird huh?

I don't have large forearms but I absolutely burn myself up anytime I shoot. I end up looking like i've been attacked by a cat :-/. I also suck at following directions....I vote you take a pic :-p

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't lie. We know you've got oak trees for arms :P. j/k There's nothing wrong with buying a lash protector. Being burned SUCKS.

Its not really a burn, more like a giant bruise/scrape. Happened to me once when shooting, it was pretty painful and I never did it again lol.

Don't lie. We know you've got oak trees for arms :P. j/k There's nothing wrong with buying a lash protector. Being burned SUCKS.

Yeah I have some leather lace up arm guards picked out.....they just aren't the most comfortable things....yet they look pretty cool :-p

Sometimes the whiplash from the string slides along the arm. Wait untill you get into highschool and start shooting archery, or live in an area where hunting is an encouraged pastime.

I am in high school and I do shoot over the summer.

Dont say its not a bruise/scrape, the string recoils back to the bow and it hits your arm on the way. Thats not always a burn, it is sometime a bruise (like what I had once).