177.35 "hacked" Driver With Patched Inf (for Xp/vista)

hardnrg

download the modified driver, or if you have the standard driver, download the INF file, extract the standard driver to the relevant folder, and paste the INF file in that folder, run installation

XP x86

driver - 177.35 with modified INF (Rapidshare Free download)

INF & CAT files - nv4_disp_inf__nv4_disp_cat.zip

XP x64

INF file - nv4_disp__XP_x64_.zip

Vista x86

INF file - nv_disp__vista_x86_.zip

Vista x64

INF file - nv_disp__vista_x64_.zip

extract to the root of C and it should create the relevant folder, and then run setup from there:

XP x86: C:\NVIDIA\Win2k\177.35\English

XP x64: C:\NVIDIA\Win2KAMD64\177.35\English

Vista x86: C:\NVIDIA\WinVista\177.35\English

Vista x64: C:\NVIDIA\WinVista64\177.35\English

you don't have to disable SLI for the client to work :)

here's mine chugging away at nearly 5000 PPD... FAHMon is only monitoring ONE RIG!

gpusmpsmpzs6.png

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what kind of increase did you see moving from the .55 drivers to the .35 drivers?

I never used the older driver, but I get about double the PPD of people using older drivers...

Alright Steve wheres the vista hacked driver. I'm lazy. I want to see what the GX2 will do. The GTX 280 is probably close to 6000 ppd

hey lazybones, thread updated, can you manage to scroll up to the top? :lol:

when i try it always says "no files have been modified on your system" do i need just the .inf ? or the .cat too?

I've only tested this with XP so far, but I made the modified drivers using modified INF and CAT files... the modified drivers are what I personally used, so I know it works and the INF/CAT files are what I personally pasted into the standard drivers to make them work... I tried the standard drivers without patching them, and it threw up an error message like you mentioned, then I pasted in the INF and CAT files and it worked... if you can't get it to work, download the modified drivers as this is exactly what I made and used successfully

will this work on 7900GS?

no, only 8 series and later support CUDA... I don't think 7 series is capable, or if it is, nVidia probably won't bother making it CUDA-enabled... dunno... but for now, nope