177.35 "hacked" Driver With Patched Inf (for Xp/vista)

hardnrg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, I found some info dotted around the net on how to do it, but everywhere I looked had the info spread over several pages of threads and the explanations were spread over several posts...

what I've done is taken the relevant INF/CAT files and then modified each version of the drivers, so if you already have the 177.35 drivers, and are happy with how to replace the INF/CAT files, you can do... but if you don't really understand what you need to do, or if you haven't already downloaded the standard 177.35 driver, you can just download the modified driver package and unzip it to C:\ and then run the setup.exe and it will just work without needing to do any file replacement :)

well i installed the "hacked" drivers, and my PPD is the same

how i installed them was i went to device manager, right clicked on 8600GT, clicked update driver & then navigated to the modified driver folder and installed them that way...

That is THE most annoying download site EVER....

what the heck??

I'm old... I can't tell which letter has the darn cat!

It is like everyone else in the world, they want you money and do not want to do anything in return....

im getting a unexpected end of archive on your vista x86. repack please? :]

:edit: and for some reason now it installs it, but now i rebooted and rivatuner is telling me i have the orig. drivers still *sigh*

Edited by cirro

That is THE most annoying download site EVER....

what the heck??

I'm old... I can't tell which letter has the darn cat!

LOL! I know the cat letter thing! They all look like demented cats lol :lol: