DIY-Street Folders - Make The Switch!

AnUnknownSource

Wevss, to check the time per %, just look at the command window where the program is running. It should be keeping track of your progress through the WU (work unit). It will also have a timestamp at the beginning of every line (in UDT time, which is what stanford goes by for this project as i remember). You can simply find 2 lines where the % goes up, and see the difference between the time stamps to find your time per %.

[EDIT] Wevss, do you have another machine folding for this team? With the regular console client? I ask because of the 1 WU you have worth 15 points. You will not get those with the SMP client. Just want to make sure everything is setup properly :)[/EDIT]

Silverfox, I have had the download become corrupted at a few different points. I believe all thats needed is a redownload. After installing it, be sure to run "install.bat" to set it up (you Must have a windows account with an active username & password as well as administrator rights). After that, it should be golden.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 5.92 is simply an update for 5.91 where 5.91 Must be installed prior to 5.92. I stopped windows smp folding around the time that 5.92 came out, so i never bothered upgrading to it.

I believe there is a link on the download page to a thread in their forums with instructions. I would just get 5.91 until they come out with a proper install for a newer version.

I think the 5.92 is simply an update for 5.91 where 5.91 Must be installed prior to 5.92. I stopped windows smp folding around the time that 5.92 came out, so i never bothered upgrading to it.

I believe there is a link on the download page to a thread in their forums with instructions. I would just get 5.91 until they come out with a proper install for a newer version.

Figures ... I'll plop 5.91 onto my machine later on tonight. Can pick up where I left off with my pathetic folding score :lol: better than nothing though. If I can help with PPD for the wonderful OCC, then all will be grand. I think it's about time we started to challenge for higher ranks.

To all those guys at DIY who've decided to switch teams - that's a really big gesture :) I can guarantee you'll make a difference and it will/is (be) greatly appreciated by everyone here.

We were always struggling for folders over at the Street. We had our core ~10-12 with ~8 playing musical chairs :P Between everyone that has switched, once the stats even out, we should be good for ~13k PPD, maybe more if everyone sticks with it and more people roll in.

Look forward to helping push this team higher and you will see a few of us in the top 20 producers for sure.

I am swapping out my current Opty for one that does ~3ghz soon, so the extra 400mhz should help lower my times a bit, as well as i want to get a quad for my server. I hate waiting for paychecks, haha

Wevss, to check the time per %, just look at the command window where the program is running. It should be keeping track of your progress through the WU (work unit). It will also have a timestamp at the beginning of every line (in UDT time, which is what stanford goes by for this project as i remember). You can simply find 2 lines where the % goes up, and see the difference between the time stamps to find your time per %.

[EDIT] Wevss, do you have another machine folding for this team? With the regular console client? I ask because of the 1 WU you have worth 15 points. You will not get those with the SMP client. Just want to make sure everything is setup properly :) [/EDIT]

Ellis,

Does 22.07 sound right? I just calculated another and got 20.32

Yes I do have another machine running the GUI client.

My main rig is running the 5.92 SMP client, and my other machine is running the 5.03 GUI client.

Edited by wevsspot

I havent done any windows smp folding in a while, and I really cant do a direct compare between our two processors because they are so drastically different, but I think that sounds about right. If i can get 16.5mins per % in 64bit linux, 22mins per % in windows seems alright. (i think i was getting close to 30mins per % with this Opty @ 2.6ghz)

I wonder who else has a wolfdale that is smp folding in windows...

What WU are you working on? If you open up the directory where you installed the program, there will be a "unitinfo.txt" file. Just post the line that has "Tag:" on it (eg.Tag: P3906R4194C0G8) Some of the newer SMP WU's really work the processor more than the good ole 2605's

Here is a page where you can check what projects are being run, their deadlines (preferred and final) as well as how many points they are worth.

Project Summary Page

I find the ones that are worth 1760points go pretty quick (they all use the a1 core i believe) but the ones that use the a2 cores (like a p2610, which are worth less points) work your machine like a dog and take a few hours more on average to complete.