Overclockers Club's Unofficial Ghetto Mod Thread!

Guest stereogames

those arnt mine. Mine is the LED moddle, and its 600 watt crossfire ready one :)

Powork is a company know for producing . quality PSUs. It works now, yes, but it's a heck of a lot more dangerous to have it than a quality enermax unit or a PCP&C unit. It's like the Ford Pinto from back in the day. As a car it did it's thing but was it the safest thing to drive? Not a chance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking when you would overclock the hell outta those X1900XTs :P

Never. They'll get messed with on the stock cooling, but they will be ditched for some 3870X2 goodness eventually - or I should say ATi's NEXT flagship dual gpu card setup since it will be a while longer before I get everything replaced.

Crossfire scales better then SLI at high res benching, so unless nvidia pulls a trick out their sleeves and improves and also DITCHES that lame hacked together dual PCB garbage I will stay with ati.

Guest stereogames

Puck, pm me your email, because i would probably be the person to buy those 1900 from you :)

hardnrg, why would you need automotive paint fume extraction in your bathroom? On second thought I am not sure I even want to know. :lol:

well... after cutting the hard steel parts of my case and sanding the panels with an orbital sander... sanding the fibreglass duct... in my bathroom (aka workshop lol)... it became a paint booth...

it's difficult being able to have stuff set up to do work like that in student accomodation (sort of like dorms except we have separate en-suite rooms because we're civilised haha) so setting it up in my bathroom meant no one could moan about shards of metal in their bare feet, or noxious paint fumes, etc...

Guest stereogames

crossfire threw software?

whats the diff with software crossfire and crossfire threw bridge?

whats the diff with software crossfire and crossfire threw bridge?

All the current high end cards use the bridge, AFAIK only the low end mainstream desktop cards use just software. These cards use the v2 external cable to crossfire them. Lemme take a cell pic real quick...

It is basically a "Y" cable where one side connects to one card, other side to the second, and the part sitting on my sexy G5 mouse is where the monitor plugs into. Excuse the mess on my desk and crappy pic - very low lighting thanks to the shadow from my crt.