The New Windows Gpu Folding Client Is Finally Ready

road-runner

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

withstupid when I had my rig, I'd get around 4,000 PPD and more with it :) I'm not sure though if VMware folding works in Vista.

I actually just set up a 64 bit Linux machine today in VMWare. I'll see if it works at some point, there's no reason it shouldn't.

EDIT: It starts up and runs fine on both cores. I guess that's a success?

Hey cool, is that VMWare Server (Freeware) that you got working in Vista x64? I know a while ago people were having trouble with Server and had to use Workstation... or something

• 4 weeks later...
Hey cool, is that VMWare Server (Freeware) that you got working in Vista x64? I know a while ago people were having trouble with Server and had to use Workstation... or something

I was actually on Vista x86 until last night.

I have VMWare Workstation 6, I was folding in it for a while but I didn't like giving up all that memory.

Anyway - GPU folding is MUCH faster in x64 Vista. I'm still stuck at 2d clocks with my 2900XT but instead of ~1200 ppd sustained I've been cranking near 1500 ppd with less CPU usage to boot! B:)

I wonder if 2-2900s and a Quad in Windows will out do a Quad only on Linux running 2-SMP clients, I am getting around 5,000 PPD now? I was going to try it earlier so I switched drives to Windows XP and forgot I had changed VCs to 6200SE to save power and the wireless card and the damn thing said system has changed 3 days to reactivate windows. I shut it down and put the Linux drive back on, I dont fell like dealing with M$ today.

I wonder if 2-2900s and a Quad in Windows will out do a Quad only on Linux running 2-SMP clients, I am getting around 5,000 PPD now?

I think you'd be better off with just running the quad. I'm sure if you got the cards to run in 3d mode they'd get nearly the same or more PPD...but it's not really cost-effective. :lol:

For FahMon what folder do I cover for the GPU install? I found the install on C drive but unable to get FahMon to read it? I have GPU and a classic client going and hoping to get a PPD update on the GPU folding.

Sweet Waco! :D Maybe the cards just suddenly switched to 3D mode? :P

Well the 2600XT is running full speed, it doesn't have a 2d/3d mode switch.

I think it's possible my 2900XT got stuck in 3d mode...I wish I could get it to do that again! :lol: