Hows This Look?

Hey guys let me know your opinions on the overclock

329795.png

Average Temps are 50 degrees under load...

Edited by blackwatch

Yeah its 12 hrs Orthos Stable... 1.49V vcore. like I said stays around 50 degrees, Im using a OCZ Vendetta Cooler, Do you think I can get it higher? like 4.5? 500X9 ? Havnt tried yet...

Edited by blackwatch

1.49v is a little on the high side for 4GHz from most of the results I've seen.

I don't see why it wouldn't be worth aiming for 4.5GHz but you're already putting quite a bit of voltage into the chip. Depends what you are comfortable with giving it.

What are you using to measure temperatures?

Can you try RealTemp to see what temperature the cores are getting to.

@ Silverfox - I'll consider it if I can't reach 4GHz with more voltage. I still need to think of an excuse to RMA it though.

Edited by jammin

Can you try RealTemp to see what temperature the cores are getting to.

@ Silverfox - I'll consider it if I can't reach 4GHz with more voltage. I still need to think of an excuse to RMA it though.

I was going to say that the pin broke ... and then remembered :D lol

Say you've just used it for the first time and it's fried ... i.e. ... fry the bugger. Try as hard as you can to oc and if it suffers from those weird symptoms of loss, then back it goes.

sucks you dont live in usa newegg will take it back for any stupid reason at all and give you a refund with in the first three months lol. but just tell them that your getting random BSOD with the chip under heavy load and seem kinda pissed when you let them know so it seems real.