pics of phase unit

Nerm

I uploaded some pics of the Chilly1 single stage here. When I get it fixed I am going to put it in a case next time. :)

I like your ironic design on the wall... you can pretend it's a hot day at the beach in the meatlocker! :lol:

Wasn't someone making you a custom case? What ever happened to that idea?

lol yea that design is rather ironic isn't it? haha

meh the custom case idea never really got going. Maybe some day though. :)

Will that unit cool a OC Quad core Nerm?

not to -35*C load lol....After getting it repaired I will be lucky if I get -10*C under load on a quad. Still better than water or air though. :D

Actually if it is gonna cost me a good chunk of change to get if fixed I am just gonna replace the whole thing.

If you dont mind me asking what happen to the unit. run out of coolant or something?

Compressor died! :(

I ran the poor thing non-stop for about two years straight so I wasn't super surprised that she gave up.

not to -35*C load lol....After getting it repaired I will be lucky if I get -10*C under load on a quad. Still better than water or air though. :D

Actually if it is gonna cost me a good chunk of change to get if fixed I am just gonna replace the whole thing.

If you end up dumping it give me a call before it hits the dumpster!!!

I know this is going to be a stupid question but exactly what is a phase change unit?

It is using "vapor compression" to cool a CPU, GPU, or whatever else you want to hook it too. In simpler terms it is hooking up what makes your fridge cold to your CPU through an evap block which is like a water block on steroids. lol

shhhhhh!!! Don't tell the competition but I just got the unit working again. Apparently there was an electrical issue. :O .......Now since she is older don't expect me to get -35C on the Q6600 or even get into the negatives, but lower than water is definately possible. ;)

shhhhhh!!! Don't tell the competition but I just got the unit working again. Apparently there was an electrical issue. :O .......Now since she is older don't expect me to get -35C on the Q6600 or even get into the negatives, but lower than water is definately possible. ;)

:ph34r: Ok I will not tell anyone. What VID Quad did you end up with Nerm?