1st Build I need a little info

Kryckter

OK i had a mobo all set out to buy and it ran out of stock so i went searching agian to find a new one and i was wondering if this motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813130081 is compatable with this core 2 duo. It seems everything is ok but i was warned about a 45nm feature and i have no clue what it means. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16819115037 is the processor im looking at.

I'm not sure if they're compatible, as the 680i boards (I'm guessing the 650i as well) had problems with the 45nm chips? Why don't you list what other components you wanted to buy, so we can help you build a balanced system? :)

I was wondering if somebody could post some recommended boards. The Cheaper the better. I dont want to go over 180 if at all possible.

and i do not want to SLI if it narrows down the search

Edited by Kryckter

A 45nm Wolfdale will work on that 680i as long as you update to the latest BIOS that is.

Ditto on the 8800GT as its cheaper and faster than the 8800GTS 640MB.

Other than that, you'll have one nice rig.

Edited by werty316

Noted thanks for the advise is there a particular brand of Graphics card i should shoot for. Im thinking EVGA but i might go XFX if its better. Which brand is better. or is it all pretty much the same?

Go with EVGA because of their amazing warranty service and also because they're cheaper than the XFX 8800GT's on newegg.

Noted.

Thank you all for your help it was really appriciated I would probably have a headache in 3 days if it wasnt for you guys. Its on order and i hope to be here by at the latest Friday.

Agian Thank you all very much,

Kryckter