Need case fans. what would you recommend

lukispuki

Hey guys, I need about 4 case fans (maybe less) that I can use in may case. 2 for front (in), 2 for back(out).

The box already has a side fan (in) and on top of it I'm getting cpu cooler. I wan't to keep the comp cooled off, but at the same time don't want to hear too much noise, hence I figured I'll go with 4 fans not only 2 like I always did till now. Budget comp ... but i figure that case fans are not that expensive anyway.

Any idea what should I get? i'm in a process of ordering right now.

Hey guys, I need about 4 case fans (maybe less) that I can use in may case. 2 for front (in), 2 for back(out).

The box already has a side fan (in) and on top of it I'm getting cpu cooler. I wan't to keep the comp cooled off, but at the same time don't want to hear too much noise, hence I figured I'll go with 4 fans not only 2 like I always did till now. Budget comp ... but i figure that case fans are not that expensive anyway.

Any idea what should I get? i'm in a process of ordering right now.

yate loons..$3.99 each... www.xoxide.com

What speeds should I be looking at if I take 4 of them? i know the lower speed the lower the dBa

Thats up to you. My philosophy is that If I buy too loud of fans, I can always slow them down with a fan controller or solder a resistor in line or something.... Allot of it also depends on the size of the fan you get. Most peaple prefer 120mm over 80's because they move more air and are quieter, but also they spin at lower rpm's typically, which results in a lower pitched hum. sometimes 80mm fans have a whiny sound to them. nvm, just noticed that all the fans there are 120mm so, I guess you weren't wondering about size... so, its up to ya. here are two tables that I found to get a reference to the volume. http://www.sengpielaudio.com/TableOfSoundPressureLevels.htm http://www.makeitlouder.com/Decibel%20Level%20Chart.txt definitely visit the second one, its impressive.

I don't know where Bleeble is, but you can get the 120mm Yate Loon D12SM 70.5 CFM, 33 dBA 4/$19.96...

I'm late! I knew I should have skipped my Chemistry exam to prowl OCC! <_<

:lol: Anywho, I'd go with the D12SM unless you're looking for something "silent." If that's the case, the D12SL is a good pick. Yate Loons are so inexpensive and the quality/performance is so good, there's not much reason to look at anything else. :D

Yea i was looking at those before, and I didn't pay attention to 'bulk' discount. Went with those fans. THX

*sigh* Why would you ever spend $16 on a fan? :huh: The dang things had better do my ironing for me if I'm going to spend that much!