QX9650 Best Cooling ?

Hey guys I just ordered my QX9650 (FREAKIN EXCITED!) but i'm not positive what is the best cooling I should get for it. I was thinking about the Ultra / ChillTec Thermal Electric CPU Coolerbut its reviews were very amazing. I'm looking something that would cool it at its best. I'm not looking to overclock EXTREMELY maybe just push it to 3.5 or less not sure yet. But I'm looking to spend at least $250 on cooling it.. but I'm not looking for water cooling because I wouldnt be able to maintain it perfectly! (not that much time on my hands.) Get back to me If you have any info for me!! thanks GuyS!

:withstupid:

unless you use a >300W TEC, which is more work than watercooling, you are going to end up with worse temps than really good air, the C2Q will just overpower small TECs

:withstupid:

A 60$ air cooler is more than enough, you don't need to waste > 250$ on cooling!

I know you said no water but once you actually get the water cooling installed you shouldnt have to touch it for atleast a year besides adding fluiding if needed.

I would go into water if I were you.

But maybe a Petier and like a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooler....

or just the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooler..

and 45 C isnt high on idle for stock cooling , my E6850 ran about 42 C on idle on stock...

Now that I'm on water I'm seeing 29C Idle and 40C load.

Isnt Water pretty expensive also?

From a guy who just dropped over $1200 on a CPU that's a rather stupid comment in my opinion.

Heck why not make it real interesting:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1249/cas..._04-L-1152.html

EDIT: Ok actually I just noticed this:

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?showtopic=76462

Dont you think such info would have been EXTREMELY useful to know if we're going to help you pick a cooler. Hell there's not much of anything high performance thats going to fit based on what I'm reading over there.

Oh and to answer your last question over there And while I'm at it ill add in a -120 points for usefullness for that powersupply on a scale of 100. (Yes that's -20) Best i can tell you dumped all your money into the CPU rather than building a more balanced PC that will last and better serve your needs.

Edited by cchalogamer