Zalman 9700 TO BIG! Arctic Cooler 7 Pro TO BIG! HELP!

Hey guys I recenetly tryed the Arctic Cooler 7 Pro and the Zalman 9700 heatsink fans but they are about half an inch to big for my NZXT CASE!!! I'm running a QX9650 and want to know if you knew of any SMALLED Cpu Heatsink/Fans that I could use with it because so far this isnt helping :(!

Its about Half an Inch Higher Than the case! My motherboard does have those screw lifters at the bottom. I havent tryed looking at any low profile ones just because I've heard that They arent as strong. I was thinking of just cutting a hole but think that might be to evil to do to such a nice case. Also I have the Asus P5E mobo and there are copper sinks all around the cpu area and I've seen alot of post on low profile heatsinks interfearing with them! Any Ideas?

Well, the CNPS7500 isn't necessarily low profile, its just not a tower design. But I kind of agree with kingdigneling, why are you running that rig in that case?

Well I just thought it was a pretty awesome lookin case. I wasnt really satisfied with others that I saw. Is it really that bad? Also Why is the Rosewill power supply not good? Do I need more power? Or is it just a bad company?

As you can tell I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this but I didnt think Rosewill and the QX9650 would have problems if thats what your saying...

I already have everything in hand. What is the problem with the case? I mean it would be pretty for me to pack it all back up and send it back and i really like the case, Whats the problem with the case exactly ... heat? size? Also i'm not looking to do any over clocking if that helps. But I will take your advise on the PSU ... Also i have all the part but the processor that i'm suppose to be recieving in the mail today

I'm guessing he means that it's a REALLY small case and doesn't really accomodate for the components you are using. (obviously if your fan won't fit) but really it's up to you, you can take what these guys are saying as a grain of salt, or you can listen to them because they do know what they're talking about. ;)

I've currently got an NZXT Apollo and an OCZ GameXtreme 600 watt with a Q6600 and CNPS9700NT, and it's all working great. I've got about an inch of clearance on 2 sides of the fan, and about 3 inches on the other side. Temps at the moment are about 23 degrees. :)

Edit: It's about an inch from the side of the case, an inch from the PSU, and about 2 inches from the back is what I meant.

Edited by Guticb

Wow thats an awesome temp. I just got everything up. I took the advise about the 550W Rosewill and went with a 650 Trio antec insted. But my Temps are pretty high and the case cover is OFF!. Temps now at idle are 37C for the QX9650 and the Mobo is reading 50C and under. Do those sound a bit high? Also What the hell do you do with the extra wires from the power supply? Mine are just everywhere and so hard to manouver!

Hey Guticb

In your AZXT did you Power Led light for your case fit your mobo? Mine didnt the case only offered 2 prongs next to each other and my asus P5E mobo want 2 prongs with a space inbetween....