Looking for a good 3 fan controller

Guticb

I heard the thermaltake hardcano was sweet it does fan conteollers, thermal sensors and cools a hdd. can't go wring with that;)

Well the 13 doesn't cool the HDD. But I read some bad reviews about the 12 that it doesn't report the temp's right (which is weird because in a lot of sites that reviewed the product, they give it a good rating)

Edited by pie

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take that, but the lights are bright!

Plus, do you really need 20W per channel? Isn't that a bit overkill?

You can switch the LEDs so it's blue below 7V and red above. They just slide into little sockets. That's what I did.

Do you need 20W per channel for a single fan? No. But what if you have eight 120mm fans that you want to be able to control? ;) I typically put more than one fan per channel.

I'm looking at the Zalman MFC2 at the moment. Does anyone have experience with it?

from reading the customer reviews, the display is crappy. you need to look straight at it to see anything, and even then it's a problem. that looked really cool and even i was thinking about getting that.

You can tell a lot just by looking at the circuitry on the controller.

thats only for people that know what they're looking at. your average user (such as myself) wouldn't be able to tell the difference from jack to jill by looking at the circuitry :(

Edited by lost

thats only for people that know what they're looking at. your average user (such as myself) wouldn't be able to tell the difference from jack to jill by looking at the circuitry :(

That's true, to a point. Even if you're not an electronics wizard, you can still see things like bigger capacitors or big heatsinks for the MOSFETs.

Sunbeam Rheobus FTW! It's $13, available in black and silver, and can handle 20W per channel. Compare that to 18W on the Vantec and a pitiful 7W on the Zalman. Thermaltake doesn't tell you what the Hardcano can handle, so that should say a lot right there. ;)

This looks like a nice cheap fan controller, I would need to monitor temps on my monitor because this does not have a display? Sorry for asking such a basic question, I've never had a computer that monitored temps before.

This looks like a nice cheap fan controller, I would need to monitor temps on my monitor because this does not have a display? Sorry for asking such a basic question, I've never had a computer that monitored temps before.

You are correct. You can use SpeedFan or whatever utility comes with your motherboard.